Options
rococo11
rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
On a whim I decided to run a 5K on my gym track. I haven't been training for it, just running a few time a week for 25-30 minutes, I ran a race last year and said never again after vomiting and being yelled at by my father for vomiting(talk about demotivation and anger and rage...still sore about that can you guess?). Well last year that time was 33:40 and today I ran it in 30:06! Inder 9.5 minutes a mile. I probably will never run a race again but I think I may start actually trying to improve my time :)

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm trying to improve my time a bit too. I want to get under 30mins but it's just not happening (yet).
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a good time. I just started being able to run the entire 5k without stopping, now I need to work on my time. Someday I'll get to where you are!
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Just be careful and don't increase speed to quickly. That's what I did and I got REALLY bad shin splints that "benched" me for over a month. Good luck and good job!
  • doony19
    doony19 Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats! That's really impressive!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • midmomike2
    midmomike2 Posts: 213
    Options
    Great job!
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks. I blush from the compliments
    If I can do it I'm sure each of you can improve, I've read doing interval training (30 second sprint 1-2 minutes recovery X5) can help.
    I was mostly pleased I did it, I generally dislike running, but I felt good :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!