Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Veggie dogs, string cheese, mini croissants, dry cereal, popcorn
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit and Greek yogurt, in a food processor. Excellent and without the guilt.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No. I don't know of any other ideas. Only chopped veg. Sorry.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Belvita breakfast crackers are amazing, there's 4 in a pack.

Those are a meal in themselves. Not usually a good idea for a snack.

I have a similar thing as a meal for breakfast.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you like tomatoes, slice one or two large ones into thick slices, top each slice with a bit of plain greek yogurt, then sprinkle some dried mint or oregano on top. Easy and delicious. I often use fresh mint or basil from the garden, but if you don't have it no need to buy fresh, just used dried. If using fresh sandwich the leaf between the tomato and the yogurt so you don't pull it whole when you bite into it.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    ricecrackers with tomato
  • nyguyintucson
    nyguyintucson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i just started calorie counting a week or so ago and have been eating alot of fruit for snacking. Mostly Cherries, Grapes, and oranges. Helps with the sweet tooth as well. I havent had any desserts which i used to almost daily.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate chips with almonds , apple and peanut butter , banana with cinnamon and gronala , toast with cottage cheese or avocado , veggies with hummus , cottage cheese and fruit , rice cakes , cliff bars , beef jerky, frozen grapes , cherries , sunflower seeds
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Cheesestrings & Pepperamis for me at the moment... delicious.
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I buy a punnet of grapes and a honeydew melon, chop the melon up on a Sunday night and section into 4 portions. Add 100g grapes per portion of melon. 4 days snack pots done and ready to grab.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of peanut butter, a spoon and some digital scales on my desk at all times. That's my snack.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs are also nice if you're looking for a savory snack. About 100-130 calories for one egg (two halves) with classic mayo mixture, less if using something else like hummus, mustard, or yogurt.
  • dbf5y
    dbf5y Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    monz15 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm snack on really unhealthy things. Just wanted to find a few simple ideas for me to snack on instead. I love chopped veg etc- but wondering if anyone knows any other ideas... :D

I went to tesco and they had an offer on snack fruit and the portion is just enough for one. I had one with pineapple and one with melon and found them quite satisfying.About 3 small slices.
  • lexidanko14
    lexidanko14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A bowl of berries and bananas with cereal on top is my favorite. Also I reccomend making your own energy balls and granola bars, they're super simple. That way not only do you know everything that's in it but you can add protein to keep you full without added sugar. Anything with nut butter, or a protein smoothie with greens and banana is great too! Or if you want more savory, popcorn or crackers with few ingredients will do the trick.
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    mlp111206 wrote: »
    apple cinnamon rice cakes topped with a wedge of light laughing cow cheese.....weird but tastes soo good to me

I have had them with peanut butter or whipped cream cheese with Apple Butter, but I have the rice cakes and the Laughing Cow cheese, so guess what my snack will be today?
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is sort of plain/maybe a bit boring, but I'm a big fan of strawberries (I usually buy them frozen). Low in calories, very sweet, and quite filling due to the relatively high water content.
  • PeachyFit
    PeachyFit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. Cucumber spears sprinkled with lime juice and creole seasoning. 2. Chunks of watermelon. 3. Grapes dipped in hummus. 4. Two rice cakes spread with a thin layer of hummus or greek yogurt with salt and pepper.
  • emilyyoung4506721
    emilyyoung4506721 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm snack on really unhealthy things. Just wanted to find a few simple ideas for me to snack on instead. I love chopped veg etc- but wondering if anyone knows any other ideas... :D

I personally love plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit or whole wheat crackers or brown rice crackers with almond butter or peanut butter or avacado.
  • melchorsherri
    melchorsherri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Kind bars gluten free made with 100% whole grain low in sugar
  • aseelluv
    aseelluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rice krussy