Sardines on toast
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Corned beef hash
  • Jeffagner2
    Jeffagner2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with others who say you shouldn't limit your food choices by what time of day you eat. Decide based on what you enjoy and what is appropriate. Steamed vegetables and grilled chicken in the morning is okay if you like it and it delivers the right macros for your level of activity.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Salad for breakfast is big in many parts of the world.

I like my oatmeal savory, as like you a sweet breakfast affects me all day.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken with veggies in the am often, oatmeal, I love beans (sweet baked beans) on toast but can't eat bread right now. Soup in a thermos. I'm not one for sticking to breakfast foods in the am though.
  • caryll4
    caryll4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, or cream of wheat with a little sweetener with half banana
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Homemade refries and corn tortillas with a sprinkle of low fat mozz. Fruit on the side or turn them into tacos and get a head start on veggie consumption.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i love chicken on a tortilla for breakfast :smile:
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    A mix of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. This gives a blank canvas you can add flavors to and it's full of protein.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I hate eggs and sugar affects me all day if I eat it. Most healthy breakfasts have one or the other. Do you have any good ideas? I'm in a plain cereal with milk rut.

yogurt, fruit, grits, oatmeal or leftovers from dinner meals

not sure what you mean by not eating sugar but I think most stuff will have sugar.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I actually came across porridge sachets recently oat and barley, I make it up with water half a banana sliced and added to it and eat with a weight watchers yogurt and a cup of tea with a splash of milk in it, yhlj3ho2b7tw.jpg I can confirm the sugar intake is low also being 13g in total, 5g from the banana, 7g from the yogurt and 1g from the skimmed milk.
    It fills me up and to me its very tasty and very low in fat as I am needing to watch my fat intake currently due to gallstones :)
  • mikeandlindasept15
    mikeandlindasept15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries. It doesn't keep me full very long, but it is really good.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, greek yogurt with fruit, or waffles with peanut butter.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I've been eating a lot of rice congee for breakfast recently. I make it with chicken stock and brown rice, and add lots of veggies at the end.

I use this recipe (more or less) and cook it overnight in a slow cooker.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-congee-226778
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tofu Scramble, with slices of Veggie dog.(like eggs and franks from childhoods lol)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Anything you would have at any other meal. I had chicken enchiladas, pinto beans, and 1/2 an avocado this morning.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    A sandwich or a wrap with a thick layer of plain greek yogurt mixed with a little bit of salt and oregano, a slice of smoked turkey, and a few tomato and cucumber slices. Quick and no cooking required.

Make ahead vegetable and/or meat pockets/hand pies. All you have to do is heat them up in the microwave.

Refried beans and avocado on toast.

Hummus and falafel wrap.

Breakfast burritos.

Cream of wheat or oatmeal with a sweetener instead of sugar.

Savory steel cut oats.

Breakfast hash with cold chicken sprinkled with salt or sausage of your choice.

Add a bit of pasta sauce (you can use your own homemade for more flavor) onto some chickpeas and eat with a pita bread or spoon on top of crusty bread.

Savory french toast with ham and cheese.

If you want something that is shake-like, nice on protein, and refreshing, try salted mint lassi.

Basically, anything low in sugar and doesn't have eggs, including yesterday's leftovers or random fridge pickings.