P90x3

Options
Suggestions? Personal results? I plan to start this Sunday! Fitness partner? Any Fitbit users? I have big changes to be made and could use some motivation.

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    P90X3 is one of my favorite programs. Your first workout is Total Synergistics. That one took a little getting used to. It finally grew on me though. Also, I wasn't a fan of MMX, probably because I've done martial arts and some amazing kickboxing classes in the past. I simply substituted a different kickboxing type workout for the MMX workout.

Overall, though, I liked the program a lot. In fact, I'll be starting another round of it in a week, after I finish this round of 21 Day Fix Extreme.

Don't forget to print out the worksheets and keep track of your numbers.

Good luck and enjoy! Tony Horton is a nut.
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    P90X3 is one of my favorite programs. Your first workout is Total Synergistics. That one took a little getting used to. It finally grew on me though. Also, I wasn't a fan of MMX, probably because I've done martial arts and some amazing kickboxing classes in the past. I simply substituted a different kickboxing type workout for the MMX workout.

Overall, though, I liked the program a lot. In fact, I'll be starting another round of it in a week, after I finish this round of 21 Day Fix Extreme.

Don't forget to print out the worksheets and keep track of your numbers.

Good luck and enjoy! Tony Horton is a nut.
    Thank you for the advice. I'm excited to get started. Hoping this will be good for me!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I loved P90X3, it really improved my strength, flexibility and balance.

Tony Horton is crazy!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X3, although not sticking strictly to the program schedule because I am mixing it in with running, swimming and other strength training with weights.

I did the original P90X and got great results. P90X3 is a lot different though. More focus on agility, balance, flexibility, etc. I am really enjoying it and I know that it will benefit me greatly as a runner.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to hear you are all enjoying it. I just received mine and will be starting tomorrow.
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am on the fence and thinking of ordering. Just hard to pull that $141 trigger.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am on the fence and thinking of ordering. Just hard to pull that $141 trigger.

You might want to check out Beachbody on Demand. You get unlimited streaming of all the videos including P90x3 for $99.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just finished a round of x3 a few weeks ago! Amazing results, I was actually blown away. Check out my profile for before/afters of a round of p90x and a round of p90x3. Add me if you like!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    P90X is still the gold standard for me, albeit a modified version.
    For instance, I don't do the Plyo X or Yoga X programs. I'll jog on the treadmill for both dates.

I also just do my own warm up and cool down, and will just skip to the actual "work" part of each workout.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I like P90X3. I'm not following the program, but I do whatever workout strikes my fancy on my non-running days. Did X3 Yoga this morning as I felt I really needed to loosen up some tight muscles.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    That program is tough. Make sure you don't skip the warm ups.
  • TroyWebber
    TroyWebber Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    P90x3 changed my life.I loved it so much that did the program with the added elite month and did it 3 times in a row.It was 12 months/ 7 days a week of p90x3 and i lost 65 pounds and got in great shape. I never got bored doing that program.I found it to be a great way to build a strong base of fitness.It has been a couple of years.Now i lift,run,box and jump rope to stay in shape ,but i plan on doing the program one more time.