Down 50 lbs a lot more to go

Ria1984
Ria1984 Posts: 20 Member
I've gotten 50 lbs off so far since starting back in mid January. I have changed eating habits and work out 3-5 times a week. The past two months have really been a struggle for me though. We found out my mother has stage 4 cancer and I honestly have not been motivated to do much and have had more days with poor choices. In the past I would have probably just went straight to old habits but not this time...I basically was maintaining my current weight loss and continued going to the gym but it turned into maybe 1-2 days a week. While the news is devastating, I know I still need to be healthy for myself and my 2 children and have accepted (as best I can) the news. Staying positive and appreciating every day and also back on track with my health. I am also proud of myself for I now know what I began in January truly has been a change of lifestyle and I know I will never gain the weight I have lost and continue to lose back. otj21584esx9.png

Replies

• lynnpertle
    lynnpertle Posts: 34 Member
    Great job! It is awesome that you can still stay focused on weight loss while going thru so much.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    I'm sorry about your mother's diagnosis :( You are so strong...keep moving forward! Great job!
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    I'm sorry about your mom's diagnosis, but you have done a great job and the weight loss is very aparent in the pictures. Plus the different mind set will go a long way to help you get through the difficult times!
  • Ria1984
    Ria1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you all. My mother remains positive and strong with everything. I am positive she will be a success story as well but it's still a roller coaster of emotions at time... on my down days/ nights, I find working out is my therapy.
  • Pinkgal47
    Pinkgal47 Posts: 3 Member
    Feel free to add me. I just lost my sister May 9th to cancer. It sucks. I am so sorry you guys are dealing with this. Beth
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Congratulations on the weight loss. I'm sorry about your mom. Don't let it stop you, your children need a healthy momma too. And the better you feel the more you can be there for your mom.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    You're doing a great job, stay with it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!