Eating out

Options
So I have been pretty good about logging my food everyday down to the specific amount. Today however, I had dinner with my friends at a bar/bistro, I made pretty healthy choices, had a ceasar salad and one vodka soda.

I know I didn't go over because I worked my butt off at the gym today...

But what do you do to log in your food cals when you eat out? Do you just guess?

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Alot of restaurants have their nutritional information online... and if they dont, I will just log the same thing from another restaurant or a different brand of vodka or whatever that does have the nutritional information... that way at least I am in the ballpark.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I normally guess and find items that are similar.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat out at restaurants a lot. Chain restaurants have nutrition guides. Other places I make my best guess.
  • powerthree
    powerthree Posts: 28
    Options
    i look for a similar food in the data base for a similar food item from a chain restaurant and use that.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat out way more than I probably should! Lots of chain restaurants have nutritional info. online. In the absence of that, however, I try to figure out roughly what I ate using equivalents, and then I leave some wiggle room or err on the cautious side since restaurants tend to be way heavier than health-concious home cooking.

Also I keep in mind that I don't think I want to be on a diet that doesn't let me go out from time to time. So, it's all part of the process, journey, whatever :)
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'd just guess ...
    Ill live with it if its just once in a while ...

though, be carefull .. ceasar salad are sometime very high in calories ... the sauce, the cheese and the croutons are often really not that heathy !
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you made good choices and you know you didn't go over, don't worry about logging it. Life's not about logging calories. It's about making good healthy choices and mfp helps us to do that and to see what we should be eating. Don't sweat it!