Weigh in

Options
Hi guys just wondering how often you weigh in, normally I do once a week but going to try daily to see if it will motivate me more.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Daily is fine as long as you understand that weight fluctuates, and you're going to see it go up pretty often. If you do go with daily, it's best to start logging in a weight tracking app that will smooth out the fluctuations to let you see the overall trend.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track in a trending app. I don't let fluctuations in weight impact my thoughts/emotions, it's just a number - this would have been different story a few years ago, and an increase in weight would have left me a mess!
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    kat239 wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering how often you weigh in, normally I do once a week but going to try daily to see if it will motivate me more.

I do once per week on the same day and same time (when poss) I can't do the whole daily thing because with weigh fluctuations happening all the time it would dishearten me if I saw a gain on one day when I've stuck to my plan ☺️
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track daily in MFP and Libra (a trending app.)

If you switch to weighing daily, I do recommend either graphing it out on paper or via something like Excel or using a trending app like Libra or Happy Scale. It's really important to keep in mind that the overall long term trend is more important than individual data points.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just moved the scale from my room so I stop weighing every day and weigh only once a week. I find that I get more compulsive and frustrated when I weigh in everyday.

Try both and see what works best for you.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because it starts the day reminding me what I need to pay attention to. When I stop weighing daily, I slide into an I'll-worry-about-that-tomorrow mentality that leads to more daily and eventually weekly overages.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. For me, it helps to understand my natural fluctuations on a day to day basis to prepare me for maintenance. If weighing daily will make you anxious, stick to weekly or biweekly.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily same place same time same scale.
  • HarryPro
    HarryPro Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You should only weigh yourself once a week (as another said, same day/same time/same clothing if possible) Weighing yourself every day will only lead to craziness.
  • dalem14
    dalem14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every morning for me.