Do you ASK or GOOGLE?

Options
maryd523
maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
I kind of get annoyed when people ask a question that they can easily answer themselves in about 2 seconds by opening a new tab on the computer that they so obviously are on, and googling it. What do you think?

And are you an ASKER or a GOOGLER? Please explain.

Replies

• jillwaller
    jillwaller Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm a googler. I never know if something I don't know is "obvious information" so I feel less embarrassed by using a search engine :tongue:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    usually google... don't want people to know I don't know what the heck they are talking about! :laugh:
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I pretty much Google everything!
  • koahope
    koahope Posts: 15
    Options
    Google has ALL the answers :wink:
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use "Startpage.com" they don't track IPs and they don't log your search history!!! Google is the devil!
  • Mel_Power
    Mel_Power Posts: 9
    Options
    Google all the way :D Im a google freak!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Google.

There are some situations in which I feel like telling people, "The internet is RIGHT THERE."
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I use Google for everything.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lol I agree. GOOGLE IT, it's not hard!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yahoooo is what I use...if not that then Google
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    Google.

There are some situations in which I feel like telling people, "The internet is RIGHT THERE."

Ha! I love that!!!

I'm a Googler too. Use it everyday! :)
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    The internet is there, but is wrong as often as it is right. When you ask people in a forum such as this, there is more confidence in it being a correct answer, or a useful opinion.

Just my thoughts.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im a googler :bigsmile:
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hang on a sec, let me check Google for the answer to this one...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I use Google for everything.
    ditto! But I don't allow it to annoy me or bug me if others don't. I know it's a great research tool and I feel lucky I know about it, some might not understand how to use it. Yes! There are actually people on this site that might not have been using a computer as long as many of us, might not know how to put a phrase/word in to search etc.

Google has come along wayyyyys! Years ago you had to put some precise phrase in it to find anything close to what you're looking for. But these days it finds EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to read about.

I do understand what you're saying OP but being annoyed by others behavior can't make a person feel good and allowing them to have control over how you feel isn't worth it. :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The internet is there, but is wrong as often as it is right. When you ask people in a forum such as this, there is more confidence in it being a correct answer, or a useful opinion.

Just my thoughts.
    Plus sometimes a person might actually want someone's personal experience or opinion on a product, workout etc. and you can't always find that on Google as it's not exactly personal.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Google.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options

Just my thoughts.
    Plus sometimes a person might actually want someone's personal experience or opinion on a product, workout etc. and you can't always find that on Google as it's not exactly personal.

I agree--for some things. Other things, like what acronyms mean and such, that can easily be googled.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Google is now a verb... officially. I google first for everything.
    @GypsyRose25: Also while there may be both right and wrong answers on Google, I think you're going to get just as many right and wrong answers on this forum....
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Just my thoughts.

I agree--for some things. Other things, like what acronyms mean and such, that can easily be googled.

Yes, exactly. I was speaking more of acronyms, slang, terminology, things like that. Not so much advice or opinions. Which is why I asked this question.