Grab and Go Breakfasts?

Options
MamaMc3
MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
I really need ideas for breakfast. I need things that are grab and go - I eat in the car on the way to work, and I have no time for prep in the morning. High protein is a bonus. Any ideas? I typically do a protein shake and string cheese, but I realize I could be doing something way healthier!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Egg muffin frittatas. Add any filling.
  • sherry4613
    sherry4613 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanutbutter and banana.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MamaMc3 wrote: »
    I really need ideas for breakfast. I need things that are grab and go - I eat in the car on the way to work, and I have no time for prep in the morning. High protein is a bonus. Any ideas? I typically do a protein shake and string cheese, but I realize I could be doing something way healthier!

Have an apple or a banana as well if you dont think what you're already eating is 'healthy' enough...
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of egg sandwich muffins or breakfast burritos on the weekend and freeze them. Two minutes in the microwave to heat up, and you're good to go.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    Make a batch of egg sandwich muffins or breakfast burritos on the weekend and freeze them. Two minutes in the microwave to heat up, and you're good to go.

Yep, this.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator Oats. Google it.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm usually in a hurry at breakfast time myself. It's always an apple and protein shake for me.
  • laurenmisja
    laurenmisja Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could microwave scrambled eggs and put them on a whole wheat English muffin - easy and fast!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I made myself a PBJ this morning.
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For health, I suggest something radical: Spend 10 more minutes, prepare breakfast, any breakfast, and eat it at home, sitting down.

Assuming that's even possible. When I was working overtime I was gone 18 hours a day and scarcely had time to pack tv dinners and fruit without sacrificing sleep.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I consider my morning shake pretty healthy, Vega Protein and Greens, powdered PB, cocoa powder, 50 g frozen banana, and a little ice.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    overnight oats
    homemade protein oat bars
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I make up a protein shake/smoothie the night before and put it in the fridge.
    My normal is chocolate whey protein, unsweetened almond milk and a banana.

Other things I've used recently...
    - vanilla protein
    - raw cacao
    - avocado
    - frozen berries
    - Greek yogurt
    - skyr

Blend, chill, shake up in the morning, enjoy.
    (I have mine on the train to work.)
  • lexidanko14
    lexidanko14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try making your own energy balls and granola bars! You can control what's in them and add protein to keep you full! Overnight oats are great too you can prepare everything the night before even or the fruit right in! Super simple and yummmmmy
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,034 Member
    Options
    I usually eat boiled eggs, fruit and yogurt for breakfast. The eggs can be boiled ahead of time and kept unpeeled in the fridge for a week.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I usually eat boiled eggs, fruit and yogurt for breakfast. The eggs can be boiled ahead of time and kept unpeeled in the fridge for a week.

Yep.

2-3 hard boiled eggs, cut in half with salt and pepper to taste;
    1 banana (or apple, pear, whatever fruit you like).

Pretty easy to eat on the go.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake in the car every morning on my way to work.
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I made a big veggie crustless quiche on Sunday and eat it for breakfast all week. Eggs/egg whites, pkg of frozen mixed vegetables, spices (typically an italian blend), salt and pepper, little bit of feta or whateva. Sometimes I'll put it on a 100 calorie bun if I'm eating on the run.