Low calorie cocktails??!!

Options
Im a stay at home mom of 2 and next week for the first time in forever. - dont mind the frozen pun haha , I am putting my dancing shoes on and going out with girlfriends. I haven't drank in over a year so ill have 3 drinks MAX. I used to drink malibu and sprite. What are some low calorie cocktails?!!!Thank you

Replies

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Malibu and Diet Coke, with a lime. Been my staple for years!
  • raaachelmarie
    raaachelmarie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My go to is gin and tonic with a twist of lemon, or a few cucumber slices if I'm making my own drinks. Very refreshing.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Low-cal mojito: ask them to use a packet of Splenda instead of the sugar syrup. YUM. Or, vanilla vodka and Diet Coke...
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Tequila and diet 7up. It confuses people when I order it but if you add a lime it's like a light margarita.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Club soda with vodka and lime. Sometimes I'll also add some muddled mint. If you want more flavor, use a flavored sparkling water.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Screw low calorie mama! Go enjoy your once in a blue moon girls night out and drink what you want.
  • fartsmcgee69
    fartsmcgee69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE FAVORITE drink, even if I WASN'T watching calories, is order a vodka soda. Carry a Crystal Light squirter in your purse, and voila! I like the blackberry lemonade.
  • ianjchadwick
    ianjchadwick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too... I wanted to go party with friends, but I didn't want to blow my calorie budget on booze, so I looked up what the best way to get a little bit of a buzz was without too many calories. Since alcohol has it's own calorie count without any additives, sadly the lowest calorie count you can get is pure alcohol, which of course you can't order...

Even something as benign sounding as a Gin and Tonic is going to cost you about 220+ calories.

What I found is that basically the closest thing you could get in a bar would be 151 Rum (aka, liquid fire) at about 125 calories per shot with a sip of diet-coke as a chaser. The next best thing would be the highest alcohol content with the lowest added calories. Generally speaking, beers are full of calories, and so are most sweet drinks.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Malibu (or any coconut rum), soda water, and a splash of cranberry. Make sure they only use a SPLASH of cranberry. Some bartenders will try to cheap out and use a lot of cranberry so they can use less liquor. Don't accept it if they do because juice can be high in sugar, it should be tinted pink. You can eliminate the cranberry but I think the splash of it makes the drink perfect.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Im a stay at home mom of 2 and next week for the first time in forever. - dont mind the frozen pun haha , I am putting my dancing shoes on and going out with girlfriends. I haven't drank in over a year so ill have 3 drinks MAX. I used to drink malibu and sprite. What are some low calorie cocktails?!!!Thank you

liquor + some diet diluent. For instance, rum & diet coke. ~65-70 calories if a 1 oz pour, ~100 calories for a 1.5 oz pour. Wine is usually ~120 cal for a typical pour. Anything sweet (containing juices or a sugary syrup) will be a lot more.

For your Malibu and sprite, ask if they have a zero calorie/diet clear soda instead of the sprite. If your rum choice is plain flavored (not coconut) and you want the lemony flavour, you can ask if they have a lemon-flavoured vodka instead of the rum (the flavoured vodkas are usually a ~0-calorie artificial sweetener)..in which case you are only getting the calories from the 1-1.5 oz of liquor.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    also note: tonic water, unlike club soda, is not calorie-free.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Go out, dance, have a great time and your 3 drinks. The dancing will burn off the alcohol!

Some things to consider: Alcohol is 7kcals per gram (second only to fat at 9kcals per gram). A "single shot" (1.5floz) of vodka is 100kcals. Light beer and white wine get almost all their calories from alcohol. Sweet drinks taste great, but the combination of sugar and alcohol is a real diet buster. Even tonic water has 100kcals in 8floz. So it pays to keep a lid on it!