Need more motivation and support

Options
Hi guys!
I am looking for more motivation and support. I do awesome during the week at work but horrid on weekends. Looking for lots of motivation, support and tip to help me past my plateau

Replies

• rachelsambrown8
    rachelsambrown8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One good choice at a time!!
  • ajnolan42
    ajnolan42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Find a buddy to keep eachother accountable and motivated
  • bobiskanishlika
    bobiskanishlika Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new here. Two days ago,I have started with this app. It is very hard to me to be skiny. So I hope we will be each orher big suport. :)
  • amelisegb
    amelisegb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely the same way - great on weekdays, and very bad at staying on track on the weekends. I find that the sooner I log things, the more likely I am to stay accountable.
  • Godzgrl1
    Godzgrl1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Use constraints instead of restraints. Allow yourself room to slip up on the weekend without feeling all is lost. Each weekend tighten those constraints a little more. The obvious reason why people slip up on the weekend is because during the week they're less likely to be in situations to slip up.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Im the same way on the weekend...still haven't quit figured it out yet lol
  • clcrawford1
    clcrawford1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weekends are social events are such a challenge! But then I also try to remind myself it's all about balance and you need to enjoy what your doing as well!
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!!! I could use some motivation and support buddies as well.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Someone once said the weekend (Friday through Sunday) is half your week down the drain if you don't stick with it. It really stuck with me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Portion control is your friend.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Focus on weekly calorie goals instead of daily! I make sure I'm an additional X calories deficient by Saturday so on Saturday and Sunday I can relax a little and have a few treats :p
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sashslay wrote: »
    Focus on weekly calorie goals instead of daily! I make sure I'm an additional X calories deficient by Saturday so on Saturday and Sunday I can relax a little and have a few treats :p

I agree with this ^^^. If you have trouble staying on track on the weekends, just account for those added calories during the week. By no means starve yourself but if you take out 80-100 calories a day during the week it gives you 400-500 more calories on the weekend to enjoy.

For me it is also very psychological. I allow myself to eat and not count on Sundays so I mentally prepare that 6 days a week I will be strict. I don't binge but it lets me get through the week knowing I can relax on Sunday and eat what I feel like. Ultimately, you need to find what works for you, there are no right answers to these questions. Goodluck!
  • playalinda55
    playalinda55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A good power walk or some extra time at the gym will get you feeling better of the added pounds on the weekend. I also look at my track log to keep me motivated. Not easy. My son motivates me a lot. I have to lose 30 pounds for health reasons n it's been extremely hard but MFP is a great tool. Let's get motivated n help each other!!!