Youtube Fitness

Options
Hello I'm new here only joined recently.
I wondering is there any good youtube videos for losing weight and that I can do at home.

Replies

• timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes! There are so many. I like Yoga With Tim; there are tons of calisthenics and stretching options out there besides yoga. There are dance workouts that are fun to do home alone; there's even prancing.

What exactly are you looking for?
  • anliana16
    anliana16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for something that will help me to lose weight and make my body more lean,
    I've tried Yoga once with an instructor and enjoyed it so I might do that. I'm hoping for exercise that will concentrate on my legs and stomach the most. I also have limited space inside my house and don't have any kind of exercise equipment.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender is on youtube - a wide variety of workouts of varying lengths/intensities
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for fitness and health. Calorie deficit is for weight loss. To get lean you must eat less than your burn. Also, while videos are great for learning new ways to exercise, they don't tell you if YOU are correctly performing the exercise correctly when you do it yourself. So be careful especially if you're going to do exercises that are high impact since HIIT is pretty popular right now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Exercise is for fitness and health. Calorie deficit is for weight loss. To get lean you must eat less than your burn. Also, while videos are great for learning new ways to exercise, they don't tell you if YOU are correctly performing the exercise correctly when you do it yourself. So be careful especially if you're going to do exercises that are high impact since HIIT is pretty popular right now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Agreed. When I tried to lose weight solely with exercise it didn't stick; it's best to focus on diet for weight loss and exercise for energy, health, and strength. You can't spot-reduce, but if you want to tone legs and stomach, check out cardio kickboxing and aerobics videos on youtube. There are even 10 minute core workout youtube videos, they're brutal but fun. I don't have any specific recommendations as I usually pick one of the first results and mix it up each time. Few if any require equipment or space.

Also as ninerbuff pointed out, there are exercises you can only learn from a class or trainer. If you're a complete beginner, find classes near you.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Fitness Blender!!! Their workouts are awesome, no frills and easy to follow. I do the in my house about once a week...different ones...and I get a great workout.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    JessicaSmithTV is my personal favorite.
  • anliana16
    anliana16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions, another thing I wanted to ask about is do I have exercise everyday or will I be okay with exercising once or twice a week?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Gymra has good workouts
    I like Rebecca Louise, or popasugar fitness

Blogilates is great if you want to do Pilates
  • Karola2811
    Karola2811 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recommend trying Blogilates and XHIT Daily
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,614 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like Jessica Smith too! Kendall Hogan and Exercise TV have some good videos. Shaun T. posts some of his workouts as well.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Blogilates, fitness blender
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    hasfit.com and fitnessblender.com
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Body project is a new one I just found. Really good cardio workouts and some boxing ones. I'm still sore from doing that three days ago
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    No one has mentioned BodtFit by Amy. She puts out a monthly calendar that tells you what workouts to do.
    I've done Fitness Blender, HASfit, Jessica Smith...but I'm doing Amy's stuff right now.

BeFit and POPSugar have lots of videos as well. I haven't done any of those though.
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I really like a guy called Millionaire Hoy (silly name but good workouts), he uses a lot of variety in his routines which is great because I don't get bored. I stick with his beginners workouts even though I would say I am at an intermediate level, some of his regular workouts are CRAZY fast and hard.

HasFit has good workouts but I find the trainer annoying. I do them anyways because they have good weight and kettlebell workouts, I just try to tune him out, lol.