Getting serious about my health and goals!

Options
ZDahlin
ZDahlin Posts: 3 Member
What's up y'all? My name is Zach, I am 28 years old, live in northwest Ohio, and I am currently at 315 pounds! Today I started my road to becoming a fit and healthier me! To give you a little back story on myself we're gonna go back to December of 2012. December 12th 2013 I was involved in a workplace accident that was no fault of my own. At the time of my injury I was 225 pounds and active. Due to the accident, I suffered cervical vertebrae prolapse at c5-c6, herniated c5 disc and entrapped nerve roots at both c5-c6. I was unable to work for nearly the next 2.5 years. During that time I was fighting with workers comp for treatment and benefits and a whole mess of stuff we don't have time to explain but to make it short I still have an open claim fighting for treatments. During the course of the 2.5 years I was off work I was unable to be as active as I chose to be, I was eating constantly as a way to mask the depression and anxiety that I developed due to the ups and downs of dealing with workers comp and attorneys and all the appointments and hearings I had to attend, the financial burdens that were building up, nearly evicted from my home twice, my marriage began to fall apart and ultimately ended after my ex wife had affair with a co-worker she met at the job she had to take because of my injury. So as you can see there was a lot going on in my life that I didn't have a proper outlet for so I chose food as my outlet. So back to the present! Over the last few months I started to battle with myself about my weight and what it was hindering me from doing. Being 315lbs is keeping me from the career I want, maintaining relationships, I have almost no self confidence and I'm just plain miserable. So I decided this past Saturday July 22 2017 I decided it's time for a serious change. Today was the first step by downloading my fitness pal, creating a profile, developing goals and tracking my first meal. I'm looking forward to the future, I'm determined to get healthy and I'm excited for the journey with all the ups and downs!'nnn

Replies

• texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're ready to take your life back, and that's awesome! Welcome!
  • ZDahlin
    ZDahlin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!