depression and lossing weight

Options
hathawaycarolyn
hathawaycarolyn Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello My name is Carolyn. I will be 70 in Oct. 2017. I used to weigh 280 lbs. Now I weigh around 240. I was down to around 210 and I lost both of my children in 2015. Eric in Feb. He was 41 and 7 months later in Sept. I lost my daughter Mary. She was 45. I let my self go. Eric wasn't married or had any kids. Mary had a daughter Ashley and she has 3 children. I have to get healthy first for myself than for my grand daughter and my great grand kids. I joined the Y before they died and I stopped going. I am going to do my best to go no matter how I feel. I been going to the too group (Taking on Obesity) which is a weight loss program at the Y. I even let my self go and not track my food . All this is going to change. I need to get HEALTHY so I can feel like doing things and so I can be around for my great grand kids which are 6,4 and 1yrs. old.

Replies

• memeevans996
    memeevans996 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you have found your motivation in those babies!! Good on ya. I'm older too, never gets easier does it. Thanks for sharing
    J Evans
  • dkellyfacey
    dkellyfacey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. You can do it!
  • janpoodles
    janpoodles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. Good for you for knowing you need to take control of your life again. Enjoy those grandbabies. I know you can do this!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. Dealing with depression while trying to lose weight can certainly make it more difficult. However, it sounds like you have good focus with regards to your granddaughter and great grandchildren.

Faith and prayer also help. I've had problems with overeating due to depression, especially given a lack of intoxicants to alleviate symptoms of depression which, of course, leads to weight gain. Staying focused on the big picture helps keep things in perspective.

God bless.
  • tdaniels54
    tdaniels54 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your losses. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I've lost 70 lbs over a period of 12 years, the last 20 over the last year. I'm trying to maintain 125 lbs and have to track daily otherwise I put weight back on. I understand the struggles associated with weight loss and maintenance. You have my support.