Losing weight but not fat?

Options
I've lost a bit of weight but I still feel like I haven't lost any fat. I don't know for sure because I don't know my body fat percentage but is likely that although I've lost weight my body fat percentage is still the same?

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You've probably lost some fat. Probably mostly water. And unless you are eating lots of protein and lifting, probably some muscle (probably some regardless).

Are you taking measurements? That's a helpful indicator.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also, what is a "bit of weight"

Depending on your current size and weight distribution it can vary how much it takes to start "seeing" results.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Took me over 50 pounds to see a difference, But for the record when i lose true fat now, I always look fatter before it whooshes away XD Like a gross lumpy melting candle lol
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to lose in strange area at first. My first 10 lbs, I couldn't notice much difference either but my wife noticed that my legs were smaller.
  • Laney_7
    Laney_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you only diet and don't exercise and eat protein you will lose muscle as well as fat.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you only diet and don't exercise and eat protein you will lose muscle as well as fat.

nice first post @ElaineThompson77 . Your wrong though lol. Youll lose muscle no matter what you do when in deficit. Best you can do it try to maintain as much as you can, So your half right, By eating sufficient protein and lifting :p Welcome
  • Laney_7
    Laney_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

nice first post. Your wrong though lol. Youll lose muscle no matter what you do when in deficit. Best you can do it try to maintain as much as you can, So your half right, By eating sufficient protein and lifting :p Welcome

Thanks for the welcome. :smile: I'm still learning.