Paleo Plan ... so far so good

Options
jeanniepl
jeanniepl Posts: 13 Member
Is anyone else trying the Paleo Plan? If so, how is it going for you?

Replies

• MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I eat Paleo and love it. Keeps my cravings at bay, and my digestive problems and aches and pains are pretty much gone.
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been eating paleo for 3 months, so I'm somewhat new to it. But right away, I feel like my blood sugar got better controlled. I've never been diagnosed with anything like diabetes or hypoglycemia, but before paleo, I was hungry ALL THE TIME and felt like I needed to eat ever 2-3 hours or I'd start getting light headed and almost kind of panic-y for food. That's gone now.
  • jeanniepl
    Options
    Made a hamburger soup with my instant pot ... pure paleo ... surprised how good it was. I love more salt, but am learning to do with less sodium. It was fun to put recipe into MFP and see how the calories, etc comes out. Not something I would have taken the time to figure before. Hang in there ... I truly believe paleo is way to go. And my cupboards have never been cleaner :)
  • jeanniepl
    Options
    14664870.png
  • alsm1892
    alsm1892 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have just started, this is my second day, please add me I would love some paleo friends
  • kpetzel
    kpetzel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is,my 3rd week on Paleo...I dont mind it ..I have more energy, hiping to lose some weight now
  • jeanniepl
    Options
    I have been on Paleo since 3/30/17 ... I have been feeling so much better. Lost another 2.5 lbs last week and weigh in again tomorrow. Learning to cook enough protein during week-end to last the week. Also have learned to use chopped celery instead of lettuce. Was really surprised to learn there are many celery salad recipes.
  • annasutherlandg
    annasutherlandg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic type2 and I am starting Paleo diet so all of ur comments are really inspiring. Thank you
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am eating according to the Autoimmune Protocol, an elimination version of Paleo. My markers are finally moving in the right direction, my energy, sleep, and mood are better. It's also giving me the opportunity to learn how to cook lol. Tonight im going to make Grazed and Enthused's Lebanese Chicken.
  • mija029
    mija029 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I briefly tried Paleo about a year ago, i liked it but didn't stick to it. This past year i've been feeling run down, stressed out and depressed. I don't know what made me take a second look at Paleo but i'm glad i did. I've only been on it for about 2 months and i've dropped 13 lbs. But i'm not tired all the time, I sleep better at night, i have more energy and i don't feel like i'm starving all the time. My favorite cook book that i recently purchased is called Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans, i also have The Paleo Primer and Paleo in 28( i use this one for meal planning) but these are what i am currently using to help me with my food choices. I also watched Hungry for change which is a documentary that i recommend watching.
  • ksigle29
    ksigle29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I essentially started it, but haven't been counting my macros. I thing I've been eating too much fruit and fats. So I have decided to start counting my macros, cutting back on fruit, fat and I signed up for 1/2 marathon in 7 weeks to motivate the workouts. I'm so out of shape I need a motivation!! I hope it works! I'm heavier than ever.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Paleo's great. My wife and I were both on it until she became pregnant, and I quickly discovered that her pregnancy cravings are all carb-loaded.

We intend to go back on Paleo as soon as the baby comes.
  • MidModJenn
    Options
    @mija029 - isn't Nom Nom Paleo the BEST??? :) If you haven't tried it yet, her recipe for Magic Mushroom Powder is amazing. We put it on everything. Also, her carnitas recipe that uses the Instant Pot (I think the recipe is on her website) is the best carnitas I've ever had.
  • jeanniepl
    Options
    I also get lots of help from Nom Nom Paleo although I have not tried her magic mushroom powder yet. That takes me back to my teenage years :smiley: Using MFP to track macros is really good for me at this point in time. Working on sugars ... just watched youtube FED UP and now understand difference between natural sugar and added sugar. Paleo plan continues to make sense.
  • mija029
    mija029 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @MidModJenn I LOVE Magic mushroom powder!! We have put it on a lot of stuff but we didn't much like it on steak but also think the steaks were a bit off.... I just got her new book Ready or Not from nom nom paleo. Without this book i might not have given Paleo another try :smiley:
  • jeanniepl
    Options
    ok ... so today was hard and I ate a pack of "apple jacks on the go" and sunflower seeds ... this feels like true confessions, but I am a little OCD. This week-end I will get out my instant pot and make ahead for the week some paleo turkey/hamburger spicy soup, some chicken and some ground beef ... it will be good to have something quick to fix during the week. Think I will also check Nom Nom for some instant pot recipes. I am amazed how much spicing up my cooking really helps me like and tolerate the paleo plan. I did not put a lot of time into cooking prior to starting paleo. I am also finding quite a few paleo muffin recipes online. those are a great help for quick breakfast. Time for bed ...
  • MidModJenn
    Options
    I have a Pinterest board with a ton of amazing Paleo recipes I've found, happy to share ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/swingchickie/whole30-recipes/

I make each of these probably a couple of times a month. The Indian Chicken-Almond Soup is to die for, the salad dressings are delish, and I make my own version of the frittata almost evert weekend to eat throughout the week.
  • jeanniepl
    Options
    My goodness .. it has been awhile since I have logged in ... weight loss is not doing well, but I have not gained! Between vacations, work, personal life, things have just gone bonkers. I think that is when we must be true to ourselves. I am still keeping the paleo plan at home, but have stopped keeping a diary. When eating out and on vacation I had problems ... not really bad ... but, not strictly paleo. Coffee is back in my life and an occasional latte. I may have to work on this. I am back at the gym (walking a mile in the pool). Not sure what I will do with diary ... going to try using it somehow.
  • rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ksigle29 wrote: »
    I essentially started it, but haven't been counting my macros. I thing I've been eating too much fruit and fats. So I have decided to start counting my macros, cutting back on fruit, fat and I signed up for 1/2 marathon in 7 weeks to motivate the workouts. I'm so out of shape I need a motivation!! I hope it works! I'm heavier than ever.

Same boat. Eat mostly Paleo but started counting macros again. Still trying to figure out what works best in terms of amounts. What do you do with exercise calories? I usually hit my macros in grams and then have all this extra calories left for day. Sometimes I need them based on workouts but then go over macros. Wondering if I should just keep %.