23 pounds to lose - Week 1

Options
SW - 177 pounds (12st 9)
GW - 154 pounds (11st)
Height - 5ft 5

This is week one of getting back on track with monitoring my CICO after months of careless eating and limited movement.

After reading some posts I intend to use measurement and photos, rather than just the scale, as a reflection of success.

I know it is a long road, but it's clearly signposted. Eat less, move more. You can go off track if you need to, but the further you stray, the harder it is to find your way back.

Any support you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cheerygurl
    cheerygurl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am in a similar boat--lots of stress over the last 4 years with lots of careless AND emotional eating. Looking to lose about 60 pounds.

SW-250 pounds
    GW-190 pounds

Looking to do a slow steady weight loss and hoping to focus on having a better life all around. Nice to meet some fellow weight loss buddies on the journey.
  • galinazo
    galinazo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, together we are stronger!
    Trish
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! It's reassuring that others are going through the same thing.
    @Koljandertjie66 - I think I might do weigh in Wednesday, as I struggle more over the weekend. I will try and only get on the scales once a week, or I might end up becoming a bit obsessed!
    @cheerygurl - slow and steady is the name of the game. We will get there, one step a time. I am thinking of setting some mini goals to keep me motivated!
    @trishtaylors - I will send you a request, the more the merrier, right?!
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I too need accountability. Currently lacking motivation. Need to .... have to lose 50lbs.
  • potatowhoruns
    Options
    @MzRuthy - how long have you been at this? Remember just to make small achievable changes and it'll come. Motivation will (I hope) become habit! One day at a time
  • zumayka
    zumayka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.... I started MFP (once again!).. this time for sure....
    SW 146.7 lbs
    GW 128 lbs

1st week weigh in on 07/27/17 = 143.9 lbs
    2.8 lbs less!

Feel free to send a request.... Great weekend everyone..
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me . Started January lost about 30 lbs so far ..goal is to loose another 30 . Slow and steady has been the best so far to keep the weight off
  • HopefulMeD
    HopefulMeD Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 1 for me too. Started 5 days ago. Am petite (not 5'), have put on 20+ pounds in past 8 months in part due to injuries that restrict mobility, but also, "life" and bad habits.

My comfortable, healthy weight is 105 to 115 max). Have been everything from 94 to 170+.

All reciprocal cheerleading welcome!

SW 135
    GW 115

If I can make that, I will then try to get to 110.
    Current: 130

(Keeping to 900 calories/day on MFP and paying attention to nutrition. Tracking absolutely everything is really helping.)

Please add me, will reciprocate!

Cheers,
    Hopeful (Me) D

• melism1
    melism1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Trying to make time to take care of me... again. I lost 30 pounds, took a new higher stress job and gained back about 5 pounds a year for the last three years. Enough!!! So, starting over and trying to reach out to others for support this time so if I stress eat and start to put my own health at the bottom of the priority list again, I've got a small group of people to stay accountable to.

41 Yr old, 5'5
    SW: 160
    End of Week 1: 158
    GW: 140

I tend to weigh myself daily. Is that really a bad thing to do?

• potatowhoruns
    Options
    I am weighing daily and recording it on happy scales - which was recommended on here. It tracks fluctuations so I know if I am heading in the right direction. It helps me stay motivated, but it means different things to different people. As long as you are not becoming obsessed with the scales, then you should be fine.

It sounds like you're off to a good start, well done!
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Same boat here!! Add me!!!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Wow, thought that said I need to lose 23 lbs in one week...glad I was wrong.
  • potatowhoruns
    Options
    @Shawshankcan - if only that were possible!
    It's been a week and I haven't lost anything yet, but I have had some fluctuations throughout the last week.
    I won't lie - I am disappointed, normally my first week of food tracking is pretty successful but I am in this for the long haul.
    Does anyone else take photos for seeing progress? How often do you do it?