100+ to lose looking for support

Options
Hi there! Mom of 2 kids looking to lose 100+ lbs. Ugh super fun . Looking for others like me who need support . Please add me if your needing the same support.

Replies

• dillardbeverly464
    dillardbeverly464 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 1 kid looking to do the same but I love sweets!
  • Amber_lee_81
    Amber_lee_81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is awesome way to go on the 30 lbs so far! I bet your picture actually shows a ton of change your just not seeing it completely since you have a higher goal/expectations. I've lost it before and remember never feeling like I seen much change . Having since looked back at those pictures I'm able now to see the changes of month 1-2 , month 1 to month 3 etc. Crazy how it seems to pile on so easy . 300 by December is a great goal and achievable !

Yes I have a sweet tooth as well! It's something that I have been working on finding a happy medium . I don't want to totally say no to my sweet tooth as that will just lead to that binge session lol. So finding suitable amounts /and or replacements . I'd love to add both you ladies!
  • juliejules1011wi
    juliejules1011wi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "What did I do?", I ask myself. I have almost half my body weight to lose, so would love support.

Beginning of July 309- today 295.8. I had the intestinal flu for a week, and I'm on Whole 30, so that's why it seems like a lot. Whole 30: it's 30 days without sugar, dairy,grains, and legumes. It's about changing your relationship with food. You're not supposed to weigh yourself until it's over. (I did "cheat"and weighed today.) The next time I'll weigh is 8/16.

No kids, but during the school year I have 30.

I'm going emotional eater. I have hypothyroidism, and that helped put the weight on.

Was a sodaholic-gave up 5 months ago. Love my carbs/sweets, so hoping Whole 30 will tame the sugar Dragon.

Need to get back into exercising!!!!!! Belong to a gym where I go three times a year for $300 visit-LOL. I've lost weight in the past and put it back, because I didn't eat right afterwards and exercise. This time I seriously need to get into an exercise routine and stick with it and stick with it and stick with it.

I don't know how to add friends-but definitely looking for support and motivation!
  • karenhardwick901
    karenhardwick901 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined team rh (calories controls macros) need to loss aabout 60-70 pound lost 11 1/2 pound in about 5 weeks looking for some support and inspiration from other members.
    please add me on MyFitnessPal x
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Diana. I'm 47 years old, married, and have two boys (18 and 7). I need to lose over 100 pounds, and as I'm getting older, it's not getting any easier. I work two jobs, one full time, one part time (both where I am nailed to a desk), so exercise is getting harder and harder to do due to time constraints plus simply being tired and burned out. I started July 1st and have gotten rid of 6 pounds. My husband jokes that you shouldn't say "lost" since that implies that it might show up again. He has a point. Looking for friends, so feel free to shoot me a friend request. It's always good to have friends. :)
  • duebedm
    duebedm Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    130ish to lose. Single, no kids, 2 dogs, 4 parrots...
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The first and biggest step is convincing your mind to NOT work against you. Stay positive, set your goals and push through. I started January 11th of this year and I am down more than 85 lbs. You've Got This!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    ... and take a BEFORE picture so you have something to have compare your progress pictures to. They are great motivators!!
  • kel66kel
    kel66kel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am 34 and 304 lbs. Down 6 lbs. I never imagined that I would weigh over 300 lbs! My goal is 180 lbs. It is so overwhelming! Taking a before pic is a good idea! I will do that. How do I add you guys? I am looking forward to this journey together!!!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @kel66kel
    Friend me, it won't let me friend you
  • exmalobono
    exmalobono Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of two as well and would love to lose 100lbs. I'm currently 230ish. I was 235 12 days ago bt went down to 227.4 and then now up a few lbs. I'm doing calorie in calorie out. On 1200 a day and try to exercise low impact. It's kind of depressing and not sure how I can make it to the mid 100lbs! 1200 calories is already so little and it seems I have to eat less than that to see the scale budge! Add me pls!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,352 Member
    Options
    Making mini goals helps me, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet goals. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your mini goals. Check out link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge
  • jenfwed
    jenfwed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 47 and have 130 pounds to lose. I can always use motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started out in January with 100 lbs to lose and I'm down just about 60 now. I was 300 when I started and I'd like to get to "one-derland" so I guess that's 101. A healthy BMI is actually about 20 less than that but I'll reassess when I get to 199. Oh and I'm 48 with 2 daughters.
  • Tammyjo06
    Tammyjo06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 48, mom of four, wife, teacher, etc.......looking to lose over 100lbs as well. I started on July 19th and have lost 12lbs so far. I'm on a low cal/keto diet. Feel free to add me. There's no backing down for me this time, so would love to have/offer as much support as there is!
  • monkeythedog
    monkeythedog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this post! I'm 35, 2 kids (preschooler and toddler) and I have 100 lbs to lose. It's so hard, I am having such a tough time staying motivated. Emotional eater and hypothyroidism. I've done weight watchers a lot over my lifetime and have been successful but I hate the obsession with the scale and the cost! But I don't have meetings to keep me accountable. Any ideas? Very hard to self motivate for sure. Thinking about doing that Whole 30 but not sure I could do it!