Support needed

Options
HI I'm Clara. I am 371 lbs and have had Bari attic surgery but it only helped a little before my metabolism adjusted and I started gaining weight even though I was staying on track. Now I am discouraged as I see my weight climb again. No one knew I had this metabolism in balance that would adjust and put weight back on. Well now I'm going to a dietician and she recommended this app I've been using it now for a little bit and it's good to see what I eat daily. However getting on the treadmill which sits in my bedroom is hard and easy to avoid. I need support to motivate me to use it daily. I know I just can't do this myself.

Replies

• phickman07
    phickman07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to loose about 70 or so more lbs. I have lost 14 lbs since being on this site. It really helps me alot. The support from other people and being able to actually see what I am eating nutrition wise has helped me to make smarter choices. If you would like to add, please feel free to do so. You are not alone on this journey.
  • kaneg0419
    kaneg0419 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Clara, you can do this! Just know it's not going to happen overnight, long journey. It's a journey of health, keep reminding yourself.

Log your meals, important! Find new ways to eat healthier calories, makes it fun!

Forget the treadmill, get outside, walk, walk, walk! I view the sidewalk or pavement as my treadmill (doesn't cost anything). I live near the beach, so even better!

Ok, just a few tips, good luck.

Oh yes...drink a ton of water!
  • clarannebrowning
    clarannebrowning Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my meals but when I sit down all I want to do is close my eyes and sleep. I am anemic but take iron yet I can hardly stay awake ho go to work. And sleeping in my office isn't a good idea
  • clarannebrowning
    Options
    I have been walking more but either my walker or my cane and have been swimming with my grandkids yet I'm so tired
  • csdmurr
    csdmurr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Clara, remember to set small obtainable daily goals, this has help me. You're not alone, when feeling defeated reach out to others. I'm also in for a long haul, I need to loose 80 plus.
  • clarannebrowning
    Options
    I feel as you say defeated when I feel so tired. I think what's the use my body just going to adjust anyway but I know in my heart a positive attitude is part of the victory. But I'm so tired out.
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi my kids and wife got me a new cross fit treadmill for Father's Day and I've been using it but it never seems like enough- I told myself this is one of my tools for success and will hold myself accountable to get on it every day. Put a TV in front of it or play music while on it because it does help- set goals for progress even if you just do 10-15 minutes a day it's a start and can add to it as time goes on- you can do it just don't set the bar too high starting out and let yourself progress. Add me if you want to I am always looking for MFP friends to help keep me motivated
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just try to keep motivating yourself... even a few minutes on that treadmill or walking is always better than mine! Fight through that tirednesss as much as you can, sometimes the more you do the more energy you will end up having!
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yes you will get tried at first but keep doing it soon you will notice your able to do more.
    do it every other day use one day to rest. it will take time. i use app call walking for weight loss.
    first it was really hard for me. but after month of keep trying i able to do it easy and feels great.