Progrsss 51lbs down!!! Post your progress photos too!!

Options
msmcmillan0316
msmcmillan0316 Posts: 41 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
sbx9qnm6ok2g.jpg

I started weighing in at 233lbs and one day decided I'd had enough with being out of shape. I've been involved in sports my entire life and needed a change. I started working out daily and altered my diet as well, only eating lean meats and basically no carbs. I meal prep to avoid cravings and stay dedicated with as little cheating as possible. I had an initial goal of being down to 190lbs by June and hit that! I'm now at around 182 and have a new goal of being under 15% body fat. Feel free to post your progress stories and how you are doing it! Any ideas on how to cut more body fat?

Keep working hard and you can achieve pretty much anything!

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work. What kind of exercise/lifting have you been doing?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! That is so awesome, congratulations, you look great. Strength exercises are really great for that if you aren't already doing them.
  • msmcmillan0316
    Options
    craignev wrote: »
    Nice work. What kind of exercise/lifting have you been doing?

Thanks! Right now I do a mix of circuit training, kettle bells and boxing. Lot of body weight exercises as well. Not sure if I want to start lifting heavily yet or cut some more body fat first...or will that just happen with the lifting?
  • chafoxeymitchner
    chafoxeymitchner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When did u weigh in at 233
  • msmcmillan0316
    Options
    When did u weigh in at 233

Late January of this year, so about 6 months ago.
  • msmcmillan0316
    Options
    Jdismybug1 wrote: »
    You look incredible.
    s7qvv442xb74.jpg

This is two weeks before insanity, two weeks in, and 4 weeks in.

Thanks!! Still lots to do! Nice work yourself!!! Outstanding!
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great going!
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the great work
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would start lifting heavy immediately. I recommend stronglifts 5X5. I have a buddy that is doing it and he has only lost 1lb the whole 2 months. He looks better than 2 months ago. Bod recomposition at its finest. When you lift heavy you build muscle and burn calories along the way increasing your deficit. If possible I would actually add in lifting after your bodyweight exercises. Lastly, write down all of the workouts you do so you can keep progressing. You could make a full 360 by just beating your last bodyweight reps and sets. It will increase even more with weights added. Just make sure you maximize recovery
  • msmcmillan0316
    Options
    I would start lifting heavy immediately. I recommend stronglifts 5X5. I have a buddy that is doing it and he has only lost 1lb the whole 2 months. He looks better than 2 months ago. Bod recomposition at its finest. When you lift heavy you build muscle and burn calories along the way increasing your deficit. If possible I would actually add in lifting after your bodyweight exercises. Lastly, write down all of the workouts you do so you can keep progressing. You could make a full 360 by just beating your last bodyweight reps and sets. It will increase even more with weights added. Just make sure you maximize recovery

Yea I've definitely stepped up my kettle bell work which is starting to tone me up. I plan on starting to lift in the next week or so, as well as up my caloric intake to build more protein into my diet. I'm just not sure if I'm resting enough. I work out pretty much every day but Saturday. Thanks for the info!!
  • Jza85
    Jza85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking good there man your starting weight is what i am now and im just starting so your some inspiration for me!
  • msmcmillan0316
    Options
    Jza85 wrote: »
    Looking good there man your starting weight is what i am now and im just starting so your some inspiration for me!

It's really all about what you put in man, if you're dedicated you will see results! Diet is a big part....biiiiiiiiig!!! I started meal prepping every Sunday, making meals for the week for at work and that was huge. Don't be afraid to have a cheat meal every couple weeks, it will keep you sane, especially in the beginning. Other than that it's just hard work in the gym and wanting to get better every day. Good luck and keep me posted be interested to see how someone similar starting weight is doing!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    IMG_2017-07-08_22-01-02%201_zpswvnhyb0g.jpg

Results from lifting weights.
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on your continued success.
  • hale03071
    hale03071 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    1st pic: 235 lbs
    2nd pic: 185 lbs

Took about 10 months, no exercise, just changed eating habits. In the last month I started exercising and hope to continue to lose another 20 lbs before reaching my upper end goal weight and might continue on losing if I still need to lose more body fat.

j2j4s0s9z9hj.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!