Just Joined, PCOS and Starting Paleo

Options
I have pcos and after some research I have decided Paleo will help with my condition. Would love lots friends to get going! Please add me

Replies

• TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I follow paleo also! I'm fairly new at at it, been eating paleo for 3 months. Will add you!
  • InaAnae
    InaAnae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS and insulin resistance from it :/ I've recently started a vegan diet to help.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and am doing a Palo/low carb diet. I have been doing it for about 10 months (with a few months off in between) and have really seen an improvement in symptoms. The weight loss has been slow as expected with a loss of about 30 pounds over the time period but my cycle regulated after 2 months and the cramping/flow has been reduced by about half. Some of the other oh-so-wonderful symptoms are still there but overall I am feeling great about the changes. Good luck on your journey!
  • georgiagirlcalilivin
    Options
    alsm1892 wrote: »
    I have pcos and after some research I have decided Paleo will help with my condition. Would love lots friends to get going! Please add me

I have Celiac Disease, so my diet is strictly gluten free. I still eat dairy though. Would love to be friends!
  • xxprisinhaxx3232
    xxprisinhaxx3232 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I don't know if it will interest you but I know LOTS of women have gotten control of their PCOS doing Keto. There's a great community on Reddit ( r/xxketo) for women and a lot of them talk about how it has helped them with pcos..
    Either way, I hope you can achieve whatever it is that you want.
    Good luck!!
  • karigrae
    karigrae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm PCOS too. Did keto a while then quit. :( I felt awful so back on the saddle. It really helped.
  • Coco_Camm
    Coco_Camm Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No PCOS but hypothyroidism and after completing a Whole30 in June I realized just how negatively so much food effects me so I'm eating a (mostly) Paleo diet. Been "cheating" this week due to my birthday and going out to eat and generally making excuses for myself. But I'm back on the wagon tomorrow :)