Just Trying to get my body back...

Options
Okay, not really because I never had it in the first place. Regardless of this, I have a 10 month old baby and this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I am struggling to lose the baby weight and have turned back to MFP in hopes of losing 70lbs.

Anyone have any good snacks or tips to get this party started, let me know

Replies

• ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Right here!!! Struggling as well. Have a 9 month old still breastfeeding and whoa... the 3rd one has left its mark on this body. I'm getting back on the elliptical after this cold leaves and 1600 calories I have 60lbs to lose. You can do it! It's all about consistency, I've used this site in the past and it does work if you work it!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest starting with a target achievable in a number of weeks.
    Something like getting down to the next weight bracket -or into a particular pair of jeans /dress.
    Then honestly look at what you are eating and why you over eat. Is it portion size ? Emotions? Stress?
    Then put your info into MFP and plan your meals for the next week using MFP within the calories it advises.
    Clear out the things that are your downfall -chocolate , crisps , whatever.
    Keep asking questions - you'll get lots of good advice from people here.
    The first few weeks are to learn - so expect to make some 'silly' decisions (we all do).
    Good Luck.

This is very good advice. Try logging for a week without changing anything, then you can look honestly at your diet and see where to make effective changes. Like avoiding certain foods or situations, eating smaller portions, substituting lower calorie options, or even adding healthy foods you don't eat enough of, which can reduce cravings.

My favorite snacks are almond milk lattes with cinnamon (15 calories), rainbow salads, and blueberries and strawberries with Greek yogurt. But everyone is different! Eat the foods that make you feel happy, and find a way to incorporate happiness into your eating so you don't feel deprived.
  • rachelsambrown8
    rachelsambrown8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to get my body back, too!! Drinking lots and lots of water - I always struggled with this before, but I bought a giant tumbler with a straw and it realllllllly helps.
    Also, Shop Rite sells the veggies that are pre spiralized to emulate noodles which are GREAT subs for carbs.
    Lastly, trying to cut meat temporarily - some people don't digest animal fats as well as fish, veggies, etc. It has worked for me in the past, so it's worth a 30 or 60 day shot!
  • remath
    remath Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :) I also have a 10 month old and am trying to lose the baby weight :)
  • SavageBlonde73
    SavageBlonde73 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi ya :) Thought you might find a challenge motivating and it may help keep you accountable :smiley: Check out our SURVIVOR challenge and join us if you like :wink: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/121901-survivor-challenge
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 4 months post partum. I have 18lbs left to lose to be back at pre-pregnancy weight. I'm just walking a lot and making wise eating choices. It's coming off slowly. Feel free to add me.
  • katiedunton
    katiedunton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being accountable to someone else really helps me. My friend & I just joined Work Out World & we're going together. Also we text & encourage each other. My favorite snacks are rice cake w/almond butter or hummus, grape tomatoes, handful of nuts, small piece of cheese. MFP is so helpful & has amounts & calories for practically everything
  • blackbutterfly318
    blackbutterfly318 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!