Needing to lose 130lbs

Options
jeanetterouw
jeanetterouw Posts: 10 Member
Hi all, my name is Jeanette. Im needing to lose 130lbs if not more depending on how I feel once I hit that mark. I've been on here before and lost 50lbs with the help of MFP. Now I've gained it back plus more, so I'm back at it again. Just trying to lose the weight not only for myself but for my 16month old. I want to have a happy and healthy life for him and be able to do things with like run around a yard that I can't do right now, I'm also wanting to lose weight for myself to be more happier with myself. To feel more better about myself as well. I'm also looking for friends, if anyone wants to ADD me feel free to, I need the help of others to feel accountable.
Thanks.

Replies

• 1Ishanidesai
    1Ishanidesai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat... i don't know how to add you but you can add me!
  • SavageBlonde73
    SavageBlonde73 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi ya :) Thought you might find a challenge motivating and it may help keep you accountable :smiley: Check out our SURVIVOR challenge and join us if you like :wink: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/121901-survivor-challenge
  • thinkingthin170
    thinkingthin170 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose the same amount of weight! I would be up for motivating each other so we can reach this goal!
  • Foxsworn
    Foxsworn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to lose 100+ pounds, I sent you guys a friend request! :)
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    An interview I listed to with Dr. Krista Cassaza at the University of Alabama said Doctors are switching over to putting people on an large calorie deficit until they reach their goal and then put them on maintenance. You will have metabolic damage but it rebounds once you go on maintenance.

IMO you should figure out what your maintenance calories are and put yourself on a 20-25% deficit and stay consistent with that 20-25% deficit until you reach your goal. If you eat when you are bored make sure you don't have any unhealthy snacks around or go on a walk without but leave your money at home so you don't stop somewhere to eat. If you drink caloric beverages, soda, juice, milk, etc. stop. If you have a sweet tooth drink diet soda. Meal prep healthy meals so you do not get lazy and resort to a fast food meal instead of cooking.

Remember, it is normal to feel hungry every once in a while.
  • tyfrei10
    tyfrei10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also needing to loose about the same amount. I'll send you a request!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have a 16 month old and still need to lose about 50 more pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 110lbs. I got down to 220 but then I got pregnant and gained 50lbs. My daughter is almost 2 now and I've lost 12lbs so far. She is getting interested in soccer and I want to be able to play with her. Feel free to add me as I need friends to help keep motivated too!
  • jentfur
    jentfur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 100 pounds. Suffering from chronic fatigue and severe anemia make it tough...but gotta fight for life
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I also have 100 lbs to lose with anemia issues. Any of you feel free to add me and send me a message!
  • divinewandererlane
    divinewandererlane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You did amazingly well before and you can do it again and then some. One day at a time, at least that's what I am telling myself. I've got nearly 80 to lose and it seems daunting but I've lost 50 pounds and gained it back so I'm in the same boat there.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • leelee_getsfit
    leelee_getsfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also lost a good bit of weight then gained over half of it back and I have a 19 month old. I need all the support I can get! Friends and accountability partners are welcome! Together we can do this!
  • LaurenRoseBud
    LaurenRoseBud Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the same amount of weight for the same reasons. I have a 3 year old and my honey and I want another baby. I need friends that have similar struggles! If add each and every one of yall but I dont know how lol :)

Edit: Figured it out and sent resquests!(: