Protein Powder for Women

Options
What's the best protein powder for women? I work a desk job, so it's easier for me to just mix together a protein shake and drink it at my desk without actually eating. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm just trying to get more protein into my diet.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I like Quest and Trutein. Tastes the best for me.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Isopure. Favorite flavors are Dutch Chocolate and Unflavored Whey Isolate.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use Syntrax Nectar and Just began taking PES. I've tried Quest and they're pretty good but most quest products have a bad aftertaste to me, so I don't use them much.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Easy is a matter of planning. I eat at my desk every day, but its an actual meal that I prepped and pack on Sundays. No need to pass up eating. Pack a cooler with ice packs and keep some napkins and forks at your desk. Lots of options to include protein.

PS - I do drink a shake in the car on the way to the office to hold me over until breakfast (which I also eat at my desk) and I like Plantfusion (less sweet) and Quest (very sweet).
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Easy is a matter of planning. I eat at my desk every day, but its an actual meal that I prepped and pack on Sundays. No need to pass up eating. Pack a cooler with ice packs and keep some napkins and forks at your desk. Lots of options to include protein.

PS - I do drink a shake in the car on the way to the office to hold me over until breakfast (which I also eat at my desk) and I like Plantfusion (less sweet) and Quest (very sweet).

I am not allowed to eat at my desk, which is why I am looking for this option. It is not a preference, unfortunately. Also, I never pass up eating! :p

Thank you for your recommendation! :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein .. chocolate

That's the brand I use. I keep both chocolate and vanilla on hand.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There is nothing gender specific about protein powder...personally, my wife and I like Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate in chocolate...actually, I like steak and fish and chicken...but sometimes the supplement is necessary...
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    There is nothing gender specific about protein powder...personally, my wife and I like Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate in chocolate...actually, I like steak and fish and chicken...but sometimes the supplement is necessary...

I like steak, fish, and chicken too, but I am having a hard time getting in enough protein with my calorie intake and I'm not allowed to eat at my desk throughout the day. :)
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What's the best protein powder for women? I work a desk job, so it's easier for me to just mix together a protein shake and drink it at my desk without actually eating. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm just trying to get more protein into my diet.

I agree with a poster above. Protein for women is the same as for men. 1st Phorm's ice cream sandwhich protein powder is the best IMO. Mixes well in the blender and tastes AMAZING.
  • chelllsea124
    Options

I agree with a poster above. Protein for women is the same as for men. 1st Phorm's ice cream sandwhich protein powder is the best IMO. Mixes well in the blender and tastes AMAZING.

I honestly had no idea, so my apologies on the idiotic men vs. women comment.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

the only difference is (sometimes) the price...I've noticed that quite often protein that is marketed towards women (in pretty pink containers) is smaller than regular protein powder and more expensive!!! don't fall for that trap - protein is protein!

Yeah, I was going to say there's some major marketing scams that have women paying more for less of the same thing simply because it's marketed to women.
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like advocares muscle gain in chocolate. There's like 20 grams of protein and only 150 calories in a serving. Also doesn't taste chalky to me like a lot of other brands do
  • chelllsea124
    Options

the only difference is (sometimes) the price...I've noticed that quite often protein that is marketed towards women (in pretty pink containers) is smaller than regular protein powder and more expensive!!! don't fall for that trap - protein is protein!

Thank you! This is super helpful!
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Yeah, I was going to say there's some major marketing scams that have women paying more for less of the same thing simply because it's marketed to women.

Yep... and I'm so uneducated.. I probably would have fallen for it. ):
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don't think gender makes a difference. I get pea or hemp if I see it at a discount store, or I order it on Amazon. Do you need recipes? I have tons.
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    I don't think gender makes a difference. I get pea or hemp if I see it at a discount store, or I order it on Amazon. Do you need recipes? I have tons.

I didn't know. :(