Insanity dvd

Options
pkdragok
pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
Has anybody had a great success with this DVD I'm currently trying to lose weight doing 1500 calories a day I'm currently 160lbs and 5'5 (over weight) I'm wondering if this would be a good thing to try

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I prefer T25
  • pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How is it different is it easier?
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity, but my knees are starting to get burned out pretty quickly. I've had great results from the first 5 weeks tho. Only lost 5 lbs, but a ton on inches.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I had great success.......in wearing down my knees and ankles leading to two surgeries to re, and creating stress and pain in my lower back. At one point in time, I swore by Shaun T's workouts, but now realize that all of his DVDs are overrated.
    I could probably get as good of a cardio workout, and have an equal chance of injuring myself, by flailing my body around at regular intervals.
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I loved Insanity! I'm going to start a second round in the fall. I finished my first round in early June and had great results.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity. Don't go at their pace though or you will injure yourself. Go at a pace you can keep good form or youll hurt yourself. I got beachbody on demand and do all of Shaun T's workouts.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Just be careful because many of his workouts can be very hard on the knees. If you feel any pain, follow the modifier(if given).