azd487
azd487 Posts: 1 Member
Any such thing?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    High in sugar but hey that's what makes it sweet. Date Bars are good, Blend dates with nuts, you can add, peanut butter, coconut shreds, lemon zest and juice, dark chocolate, So many different things you can add to them. Or just buy larabars. I would say that is a healthy sweet that is a little different than just buying fresh fruit, I get tired of fruit quickly. Make sweets with natural ingredients and it will at least have vitamins and minerals in it, that makes it at least worth eating as opposed to a kitkat bar etc.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Larabar! I like dark chocolate with mixed nuts and berries in Greek yogurt. Sweet potato with cinnamon and maple syrup?
  • Emmygm
    Emmygm Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    dates in general are a good choice. I totally agree that healthy is relative though. Foods aren't objectively healthy or unhealthy, some are just more healthy than others.
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Berries and Whipped Cream are great!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Depends what you mean by healthy. You can create some very low calorie desserts with yoghurt. I like to get a meringue nest and top it with Greek yogurt, berries, a drizzle of honey and some toasted oats. Like a little pavlova (the toasted oats are inspired by a traditional Scottish dessert and go so well with berries and honey).
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Energy bites - don't have a recipe handy, but easy to find one. Combine oats, peanut butter, honey, mini chocolate chips, seeds, whatever you want. They pack a fairly high calorie count (100 cal or so), but filling and tasty. You can also use PB2 instead of regular peanut butter to save some calories.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I second Halo Top. My trainer also said she likes to get plain non-fat greek yogurt and add a scoop of peanut butter, protein powder, berries, those types of things.
  • cosmic_blue
    cosmic_blue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding. Recipes abound online. Make with any kind of low fat milk and in whatever flavour you like. My fav: coconut with toasted sugar free coconut flakes on top. Yum!!!
  • britbrit42
    britbrit42 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I buy Quest cookies and cream protein powder and blend it with almond milk then freeze and top with cool whip :)
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    dm5859 wrote: »
    Fruits!

Oh you beat me to it.

I love fresh pineapple. Nothing gets rid of my sweet tooth like fresh pineapple.
  • sonrise777
    sonrise777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello; sliced banana; sliced in half grapes; sliced strawberries; fat free Reddi Whip; topped with sugar free cherry pie filling (Lucky ) and sprinkle your favorite chopped nuts. Yummmm! B)
  • Gabrielle1557
    Gabrielle1557 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes
    Low fat cool whip with a flavor mixed in
    Dark chocolate 60%^
  • StarvingAuthor
    StarvingAuthor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with honey and cinnamon

If you're looking for low cal, oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon

WARNING: THIS IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE :lol:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    azd487 wrote: »
    Any such thing?

Fruit...natures candy.

That said, in the context of a balanced and overall nutritious diet, having some less nutritional foods/sweets isn't really a big deal. Try to look at your diet (noun) in the context of the whole rather than individual elements.
  • lporter0813
    lporter0813 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to make Knox Blox. 1 box of Knox unflavored gelatin (4 pkts inside), 3 small boxes of sf gelatin- same flavor, 4 cups of boiling water. Dissolve all gelatin in 4 cups boiled water. Pour into a 9x13" pan. Chill in the refrigerator. Cut into 32 bloxs. Half a pan of bloxs is 40 calories and filling.