Replies

• sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and make sure what you eat is high in protein
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Have you asked yourself why you're eating? Is it boredom, habit, thinking you "deserve" is because you just worked out, actual hunger, etc.? Figuring out your WHY is important to determining your next steps as far as controlling it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What's your weight, height and age? Do you know if you're eating at a reasonable deficit? How are you logging your calories - are you using a food scale?

It's hard for anyone to help without all the details.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    After s workout, have a glass of chocolate milk, or a protein shake. I mean, its not completely unnatural to be hungry after working out, just don't undo your hard work. If I work out in the morning I have my protein shake for breakfast right after. If its in the evening, I usually eat dinner right after.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Have you asked yourself why you're eating? Is it boredom, habit, thinking you "deserve" is because you just worked out, actual hunger, etc.? Figuring out your WHY is important to determining your next steps as far as controlling it.

this is key.

and if you determine it's ACTUAL hunger it might be helpful to plan your biggest meals or a majority of your calories around the time you exercise.

I personally eat around 400 calories throughout the day and then another 200 before my workout and 1,200 or so after my gym session. i workout around 8PM at night.
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    High protein works well
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Pre-plan your meals. Make sure your deficit isn't too big. Do you love to eat large amounts at a time? If so, set up your food day to do so. Do you hate waiting what feels like 6 days between meals? Plan a smaller meal every 3 hours. Are you eating below with mfp gives you? If so, don't! Your deficit is built in. Are you eating at least some of your exercise calories? If not, do!