Proud moment

Options
My co worker bought me a strawberry fanta after i told her i didnt want anything from the store. I had to turn it down since it has 80g of sugar and definitely does not fit my macros. Though i feel not nice about denying the soda i feel really good with myself!

Replies

• jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know it's really hard to turn down treats like that when they fall in your lap, so congratulations on your efforts. Sometimes it takes a while for those around us to adjust to our new healthier habits, but it was very nice of her to think of you. Maybe next time she'll think of you with some celery or string cheese :)
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know it's really hard to turn down treats like that when they fall in your lap, so congratulations on your efforts. Sometimes it takes a while for those around us to adjust to our new healthier habits, but it was very nice of her to think of you. Maybe next time she'll think of you with some celery or string cheese :)

Thank you! I almost accepted it but i had the courage to deny it lol.. yes maybe next she will, or maybe a nice and cold coconut water hehe
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's hard but I'm sure she will understand you are working towards a goal. Peer pressure never goes away no matter our age or circumstances.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    WTG. You get to decide. You don't have to run your program in the ditch because of a decision someone else made.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Free food has been my downfall for decades. It is sooo hard to say "no thanks". Good for you!!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good job! It drives me a little nuts when I explicitly tell people I don't want anything, and yet they do it anyway.

I'm getting better at saying no. I look surprised and say, "Oh! I thought you heard me when I said I didn't want anything. Maybe someone else will want it."
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Good job! It drives me a little nuts when I explicitly tell people I don't want anything, and yet they do it anyway.

I'm getting better at saying no. I look surprised and say, "Oh! I thought you heard me when I said I didn't want anything. Maybe someone else will want it."

I feel bad saying that but you're 100% right. Im gonna be more selfish in that sense
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I know; it's hard when you want to be nice. You could add an "I'm sorry" if it makes you feel better. Just remember that they did it even though you told them not to. They disregarded your wishes. You have zero obligation here.
  • 88olds
    Options
    It's not selfish, its assertive. Trust the process, defend your program.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well done. And a good reminder to me not to buy treats for specific people.
  • hunkofmexican
    hunkofmexican Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Next time ask them to just give you the money instead of the sugar so you can buy something nutritious , That will stop them from sabotaging your goals. o:) Good job on the " No Thank You "...
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Free food has been my downfall for decades. It is sooo hard to say "no thanks". Good for you!!

same here. donuts at work all the time, boss buys lunch. I've been doing well though. bring my own lunch and pass on treats. I don't have the extra calories for it.
  • 88olds
    Options
    There is no such thing as free food.
  • liligant
    liligant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jesus that drink must have been mouth-puckeringly sweet
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that all add up to be bigger things! Great NSV!