Will This work??

After posting and asking for a little advice on helping keeping the weight loss coming... ive been thinking about how to approach this, and i was wondering if anyone thinks this will work??

when i get up in the morning... drinking a bottled water... & when i feel hungry, eating a serving of special K cereal with light vanilla silk...

later on... eating a small snack... such as fruit with a bottled water. or protien shake???

for lunch, trying a salad with low fat dressing or some kind of meat with a veggie, MAYBE a lower sodium lean cuisine
or whole wheat bread with chicken or tuna salad with no mayo, or maybe low fat mayo (havent looked at a low fat mayo label) with a bottled water

a little later on... another snack, such as some sort of crackers, cheese or fruit with a bottled water. protien shake?

at dinner, having what is made as long as it isnt ridiculously unhealthy with a bottled water.

before bed, having either a protien shake or fruit. with water.
and i always take a water to bed with me to sip on, as i get thirsty at night time.

*everything of course to be followed with serving sizes and what not*

havent ever tried the protien shake approach... is this a good idea?? if so, what brand is best??
im 100% open for opinions, suggestions and whatever else you may have to offer

thanks in advance

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    When I get a job and am able to, I'm gonna try the Slim-Fast shakes. Just to see how they work.
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Hi there,

It's great that you're pre-planning. I'm sure if you stick to your daily calorie intake you'll lose weight.

I would advise keeping it natural and avoiding any processed foods wherever possible as for your long-term health they are really bad for you. I'm not too sure about protein shakes though.

Good luck! :smile:
  • When I get a job and am able to, I'm gonna try the Slim-Fast shakes. Just to see how they work.

i was thinking the same thing... but i dont want to use them as a meal replacement...those or the special k shakes... they LOOK good... i just hope they are. i dont have a job either... and while I CAN afford them... i have two kids and i always worry that they may need something... and if I buy myself things... i wont have it for them...
  • sherjames
    sherjames Posts: 3
    That sounds like a good plan to me as long as the protein shakes don't put you over your calorie goal.
    I like Slim Fast shakes like Gypsy Rose said - I put mine in the freezer until their thick & slushy (takes about 40 min. or so), then I drink them with a straw.
    If you can stick to drinking only water like you were talking about, that should really help - I am a sweet tea drinker & am going to have a hard time giving that up!
    Good luck!
  • phathed1up
    phathed1up Posts: 1 Member
    sup guys hows the battle againt weight gain going??
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    After posting and asking for a little advice on helping keeping the weight loss coming... ive been thinking about how to approach this, and i was wondering if anyone thinks this will work??

when i get up in the morning... drinking a bottled water... & when i feel hungry, eating a serving of special K cereal with light vanilla silk...

later on... eating a small snack... such as fruit with a bottled water. or protien shake???

for lunch, trying a salad with low fat dressing or some kind of meat with a veggie, MAYBE a lower sodium lean cuisine
    or whole wheat bread with chicken or tuna salad with no mayo, or maybe low fat mayo (havent looked at a low fat mayo label) with a bottled water

a little later on... another snack, such as some sort of crackers, cheese or fruit with a bottled water. protien shake?

at dinner, having what is made as long as it isnt ridiculously unhealthy with a bottled water.

before bed, having either a protien shake or fruit. with water.
    and i always take a water to bed with me to sip on, as i get thirsty at night time.

*everything of course to be followed with serving sizes and what not*

havent ever tried the protien shake approach... is this a good idea?? if so, what brand is best??
    im 100% open for opinions, suggestions and whatever else you may have to offer

thanks in advance

I typed out this amazing post only to lose it because I have clumsy fingers.

So, gonna try it again.

Have you tried having eggs for breakfast?

I typically eat either an omelet or an egg sandwich every morning for breakfast. Fills me up and keeps me going into the afternoon.

Lunches are a great time for me to make a giant delicious salad with a nice piece of grilled chicken or fish.

Dinner usually consists of salad and a protein as well and there are no limits to how many ways I can prepare either to keep it fresh and exciting. Just the other day I made an amazing vegetable salad using fresh cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, chives and onions with a light lemon and olive oil vinaigrette and added some calamari rings to it for a good source of protein. I also made a vegetarian option because my bf's son is vegetarian and it's a common trend in the house to make a modified version of dinner for him already. Today I blended the leftover salad with a few more tomatoes and made a light and refreshing gazpacho that I'll be enjoying for the next couple of days.

As for snacks, some great things that I keep on hand are unsalted almonds, unsalted almond butter, string cheese, swiss cheese, plain greek yogurt and on occasion I'll have a small square of dark chocolate.

I often have to make a separate meal for myself just because my health is far too important to me to settle for some of the "not so healthy" things that the rest of the household chooses to put in their bodies. Is it a little more work? You betcha and I'm worth it.

I hope you can find a happy medium that fits in your life and I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.