Tired of being fat

Options
I started this journey over 1 year ago and was 340 pounds. I am cutting calories only and got down to around 230. Then I started slacking off and around 10 months later was back up to 260. now Im back and down to 255. I am like most and struggle on a daily basis. so hope fully I can do it and get down to around 180 to 190. I also suffer from sevier sleep apnea and stage 3 hypertension. which 4 different pills can only get me to stage 1.

Replies

• Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss thus far! I have definitely fallen off the wagon several times in my short stint on MFP. Good luck on your journey! I'm rooting for you :)
  • kevintillack
    kevintillack Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you keep at it I bet you can get off your meds and cure the sleep apnea. I only had fifty pounds to lose but when I did it really helped me in several areas. I was in deficit, added exercise and changed my diet. Insomnia cured, snoring stopped, blood pressure down and cholesterol dropped 50 points. Combine that with being fit and not having a large beer gut. Like you I slacked off but I am re-dedicating myself to getting back to my maintain weight. See that goal and go for it!
  • lthornton1979
    lthornton1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the daily struggle. I feel like I have to be careful about every single bite, every single day, because even the smallest slip in mindfulness results in weight gain. I'm inspired by your weight loss!
  • BigMomma12204
    BigMomma12204 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Yes it's very hard but we have to be mindful that it's one day and one meal at a time. I'm new to the community but not new to the rollercoaster of gain Vs loss. Your journey insides me. It shows that I too one day can achieve my goal. Thanks and share some ideas with me on what you did to lose weight.
  • kevintillack
    kevintillack Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I only count calories. I just have to choose what to eat in order to maximize my food vs calories.
    the MFP app helps me tremendously, so I can actually see the amount of calories I eat.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Even with the slight up and downs, you have to feel a lot better 85lbs lighter than when you started. I've never had long term struggles, but have seen so many other people dealing with the struggle daily. I can't claim to understand how it feels for you, but only offer that I hope you succeed long term and stay on the path that helps you get healthier.

Stay positive and realistic in your goals. That 85lbs you have lost took a lot of hard work I'm sure. Don't discount what you already have done, stay with it, and work towards moving closer to your end goal.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My sister yo-yo'd for years and finally got the lap band.
  • tofiggy
    tofiggy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, feel free to friend me as I'm also trying to lose weight and looking to support and be supported on this journey
  • livingamiracle
    livingamiracle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You and me both! Been on the weight loss seesaw my whole life now a Happy Meal away from 400 pounds