Looking for other new moms for weight lost support

Options
I'm 4 months post partum, and down 35 lbs but I still have another 10 to reach pre-preggo weight, but another 30 to reach desired weight. I love to eat out, so my diary is open and i hope to find others to share their journey with. Best wishes to all!

Replies

• FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello mamas☺ Im 9 weeks postpartum, my son just turned 2 months on the 23th. I gained 50 lbs on my pregnancy
  • goldengirljake
    goldengirljake Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am just 3 weeks postpartum and down nearly 40lbs - i had MAJOR water retention due to long labor (ended in c section) plus basic water retention in my 9th month of pregnancy ... my legs and feet were huge (probably 4x size the should be). so dropped nearly 20lbs over 10 days alone. Am looking to lose 20 more lbs in next year.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    wow, great stories, labor was intense, and I could of looked at it as a negative, but I did so much research on the good, bad, and indifferent that I felt prepared for what took place. I would like to have another child in a year or so, but I really do not know how Im going to do it with all the challenges that came along with my little one.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Not a new mom, but mom to 3 kiddos ages 7, 5 and 4. I also enjoy eating out
  • NatickMomma
    NatickMomma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow mommas! I am two months postpartum with my second baby boy. My weight hasn't budged a pound from the day I came home from the hospital. I am breastfeeding, up 4-5 times in the night, doing bar method 3-5 times per week, tracking my calories, and walking every day. And still I look in the mirror and at the scale and am depressed by what I see! Anyone else feel this way? I have 20 pounds to lose. I need the support of other mommas to keep my spirits up!
  • hawiar09
    hawiar09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm 2 months postpartum with my 3rd child. I have about 25-30 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy/desired weight. I breastfeed so I want to be extra careful not to mess with milk supply.
  • Chelly0126
    Chelly0126 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow mommas! I am two months postpartum with my second baby boy. My weight hasn't budged a pound from the day I came home from the hospital. I am breastfeeding, up 4-5 times in the night, doing bar method 3-5 times per week, tracking my calories, and walking every day. And still I look in the mirror and at the scale and am depressed by what I see! Anyone else feel this way? I have 20 pounds to lose. I need the support of other mommas to keep my spirits up!

I feel the same! My little one will be 2 months on the 8th and I have have a toddler as well (year and a half old) I've been on it with exercising, breastfeeding and logging in my food (under 2,000 a day) and no change in scale for three weeks!! Trying hard not to get discouraged.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If anyone has lost some weight, even a little, can you describe what you were doing that may have attributed to the lost???

For me, it was staying under 2000 calories, I have my calories set for 1730, and when I stay under 2000 I notice I lose about .5-1lb that week.

But I feel hungry all the time!!! and end up usually eating between 2200-2400.
  • Kristen8912
    Kristen8912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My kids are 1 and 3 but I only made the change to lose all the extra weight I gained during their pregnancies back in May. I am down 21 pounds and have another 25-30 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • marion4209
    marion4209 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can do it ladies! My daughter is 8 months and I'm looking to lose another 10 lbs. I'm 15 lbs over pre pregnancy weight and done breastfeeding. Don't even see myself getting back to pre baby size but want to get close!

One thing working well for me is to use the mornings for my workouts. Hard to get up early but when I do I'm always glad. I'm a hearty eater too so when I exercise I'm better at staying in my calorie goals.
  • alexandra10205
    alexandra10205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 8 weeks postpartum with baby #5 and so far have lost 33 of the 35 pounds I gained. I lost a bit more muscle mass than I would've liked while pregnant despite working out the whole time, so I definitely have some leaning out to do. Feel free to add me!
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    3 weeks postpartum, lost 100+ pounds in between babies, gained 45 during pregnancy. Unsure of how much I have lost yet. Not reducing calories for another 3 weeks, but getting used to not eating anything/everything again lol. I have a 3 year old daughter and a 3 week old son.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    Options
    Congrats to all the moms! Its hard enough with everything else, then add on the stress of a weight lost regiment! Lets keep it up! Sometimes we under-estimate emotional eating, stress eating and boredom eating, Im guilty of all three. The last time I lost a lot of weight I was on a very strict diet, and I was miserable...but when i lost the weight I was proud that i reached my goal...Now I was hoping not to have to go through the same miserable process, but I feel like nothing else is working...moderation...portion control...etc Im always tired with work, baby, school work, and sharing household duties with hubby. But maybe going cold turkey is the only way?!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey mommas!
    I am 14 weeks postpartum and have come to the realization I have really let myself go. I need to snap out of it and regain my focus. I weighed myself today and have never weighed this much in my life! :( It is not even about the number on the scale either...I generally feel like crap most days and am not comfortable with myself. I refreshed my starting weight on here and am planning to get a workout in today.
    I wanted to find a group with other mommas who are fighting the good fight with me haha I would love some new friends for support!
  • divinehipster69
    divinehipster69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was 150 lbs the day I went into labor. When I got home 3 days later I was 140, now am 133 and he is 2 weeks old in a couple days. I want to go back to being 120-123 lbs by the end of the year. Hopefully it will drop off when I'm allowed To exercise again. To anyone struggling to lose id recommend coffee and protein powder in the morning, and having fresh fruit and veggies around to snack on instead of sweets. I'm glad I looked up breastfeeding on here, I'm gonna see if oatmeal helps with it.
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. 15 days pp. As of last week I'm 4 lbs away from my prepreg weight...too bad i was 40lbs over weight when i got preg lol.... Im ebf and wondering how many calories i would add for nursing
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    300-500
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi Mamas! Please feel free to add me. I'm looking for accountability. I gained 60 while pregnant. I've dropped 30, but was 20 pounds over the weight I feel comfortable at before pregnancy. So, I have about 50 to lose. I'm breastfeeding so not looking to cut calories drastically. I could really use support to stay on with MFP!
  • tiffanybrooks530
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone, I hope it helps somemomma somewhere!