Any Fans of organic food?

Options
Hey
I love organic stuff .I love to consume food that is free from any chemicals .However i don't claim to only use organic stuff,my budget and availability does make consumption of organic stuff a little difficult. So i use both organic and non-organic foods but my preference is ORGANIC.

Replies

• DiBeth
    DiBeth Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a fan of organic and buy organic produce when I have a choice. I also prefer to buy produce from the USA as well- but that isn't always available for every fruit or vege, so I do what I can.
  • bleujay
    bleujay Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree, just went to the farmers market and spent like 40 bucks on lots of yummy fruits and veggies. I've been juicing a lot lately and then eating dinner full of organic veggies.
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love organic foods too! For me the maybe even more important point is that it's regional. Austria's just a small country, but I don't see why I should by milk from the furthest state (which is a 6hrs drive), when I can buy some from a 40 min drive (even though I buy it at the supermarket in walking distance)
    I think the carbon footprint is an important part!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I buy organic when I can.....not all the time for everything though.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My appreciation for organic food really took off after watching Food Inc. Now I realize that even though it's SO much more expensive, if I buy it, that sends the message to the grocery store that THIS is what it's customers want. We want organic. Maybe the prices will be more reasonable and there will be a better selection if more people start buying it and asking for it. One can hope.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I noticed some organic foods, like broccoli, milk, carrots, strawberries, potatoes for example taste better then conventional . I am trying to buy organic, when I can, also whatever I see a sale :)