BUG WITH CREATING A RECIPE

Options
treesearcher42
treesearcher42 Posts: 13 Member
I would be much more convenient if the ingredients I already use and have entered in my food diary, are the first ones I would see listed when I create recipes and manually enter recipe ingredients. Can this bug be fixed? Thanks.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Well, that's not really a bug, it's more of a feature. And while it would indeed be convenient, people have been asking for something as simple as a way to alphabetise their recipes for 3 years now, but there are no plans to update or change the recipe builder at this time.
  • treesearcher42
    Options
    Yes, feature is indeed the word I was looking for, thanks.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don't bother entering recipes here as they go into a abyss of lost information. I use another site to store my recipes. I only use the recipe function here to determine the calorie count of things that I'm making a multi-meal batch of. Even then, I do this with each new iteration since the recipes fall into a chronological pit that is wholly unsearchable.
  • treesearcher42
    Options
    Yes, they certainly do need to work on this feature to make it more useable. Thanks for your feedback!
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have not found a way to add the directions to the recipe ingredients. Am I missing it?
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mfp does not have a significant IT improvement or updating department. There are many bugs ( recipes , goals) and suggestions that never get fixed. Additionally, many food items that are incorrect and not validated. Just take it with a grain of salt and don't expect mfp to do anything to remain accurate and current ( except maybe delete this email)