Oh me oh my...I need a wee bit of motivation

Options
What motivates you?...what are some quotes..sayings..matra's that get you going? Books? Playlist? Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Misohappi81
    Misohappi81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to lose about 30lbs. Personally I love looking at the before and after pictures of other people. It makes me feel like if They can do it, I can too! In the morning I have my coffee and hop on ig or mfp and scroll through the before and after a, then I'm
    Amped to hit the gym! This is what works for me! :)
  • EricaJMomof2
    EricaJMomof2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I watch parts of episodes of things like My 600 lb Life. None of those people intended to get that fat, but it happened nonetheless. I'd have to gain 400 lbs to get to that point, but it definitely makes junk food and sitting on the couch less appealing.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Making mini goals helps me, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet goals. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your mini goals. Check out link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Take a daily selfie. On days when you just want to say forget it, look back at day one. You'll be your own motivator. I also take a pic of my cardio machine and compete with myself.
  • PinkPupper
    PinkPupper Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If I tell someone I'm going to workout, I do it. I can't go back on my word! Also, I love shopping for cute workout gear.
    Looking at before/after photos are a huge motivational boost too!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    What motivates you?...what are some quotes..sayings..matra's that get you going? Books? Playlist? Feel free to add me!

I simply wanted to be back down to my usual slender self again.

• ndnwonderwoman
    ndnwonderwoman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello!!..Thank you for the tips and insight