I look terrible!!!!

Options
Hi, I'm on day 5 of my diet and I was shocked when I looked in the mirror this morning when I saw how terrible I looked :-(

My skin is pale, pasty, rough, dry and bumpy. My hair looks lank. My eyes have lost their shine. I look how I feel - exhausted.

I look ROUGH.

I also have a persistent headache that i have had since yesterday. The pain in directly behind my left eye. I feel really tired and, well, just disgusting.

Is this normal? is there anything I can do to feel or look better?

Replies

• lemoncaro5
    Options
    i started taking carlson's cod liver oil and floradix iron - try it! :) maybe it will help with your energy and your skin and hair.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    the pain behind the eye sounds like the pain i get when I don't sleep enough/well enough.
    Are you getting enough sleep?
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    i started taking carlson's cod liver oil and floradix iron - try it! :) maybe it will help with your energy and your skin and hair.

Thanks, I'll give it a try
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    I don't know what your diet was like before you starting your healthy eating but maybe your body is detoxing and once you've adjusted to the dietary changes you will be back to glowing!

Make sure you're drinking lots of water.

Jayne
    x
  • countinonme
    Options
    Perhaps a mutlvitamin might help?
  • STACEYaLK
    STACEYaLK Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't overdo it. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and eating lots of veggies... and don't forget a good night's sleep. I workout right before bed, and it makes me tired enough that I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Possibly take a multivitamin, as well. That may help.
  • Natasha7t2
    Options
    the pain behind the eye sounds like the pain i get when I don't sleep enough/well enough.
    Are you getting enough sleep?

Good point. I'm sleeping enough but we are having our kitchen and bathroom renovated so the house is in chaos. I'm also wondering if the pain behind the eye is a detox symptom as I've gone cold-turkey on junk since Monday. And before that, I was indulging in the extreme!
  • Natasha7t2
    Options
    I don't know what your diet was like before you starting your healthy eating but maybe your body is detoxing and once you've adjusted to the dietary changes you will be back to glowing!

Make sure you're drinking lots of water.

Jayne
    x

Hi Jayne
    Thanks. I think that's what's happening. I think the terrible skin might be all the nasties coming to the surface in the detox phase. x
  • STACEYaLK
    STACEYaLK Posts: 4
    Options
    I did see in your food diary, that you don't drink enough water.... Make sure you're drinking at least 8 glasses to keep yourself going. :)
  • Natasha7t2
    Options
    I did see in your food diary, that you don't drink enough water.... Make sure you're drinking at least 8 glasses to keep yourself going. :)

I keep forgetting to add water in my profile. But yes, I could be drinking more. Thanks for highlighting!
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got like that a while ago. I know your eating near to 1200 cals but maybe its not enough. I changed my goals from losing 2lb a week to 1lb and it put my up to 1340cal I've eaten nearer to that and still lost plus I feel much better my hair and skin look lovely and I don't get the blinding head aches anymore.

It took me a long time to get brave enough to try eating more but its definatly helped!
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Focus on healthy eating, ie no sugar, refined carbs, processed foods or artificial sweetners.

Eat wholegrains, lean protein, fruit, veggies, pulses, eggs, low fat dairy.

Do exercise every day.

You'll soon feel so much better.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Also: are you working out? I completely burned out in week 4 because i wasnt eating enough 'good stuff' - i now take a protein suplement on work out days.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Its what happened to me when i wend cold turkey on refined sugar. When i started i cut out anything that i used to eat that had added sugar and ended up with a headache for 3 days. It will get better.
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I first started I felt similar, as if my body was oozing all the crap inside my body and getting rid of it. Within a couple of weeks my skin was clear and soft, hair was back to normal and was feeling...just better. The headaches sound like the ones I get when I over do it! or stare at a screen for too long and then not get enough sleep. I find the occasional early night and increase in water helps me a lot!