Have been struggling to lose weight

Options
jcdulos1
jcdulos1 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
My doctor says as long as I'm active that's all that matters. I currently sit at 170. I log everything I eat and it's very accurate. I do 30 day shred five days a week. Since I started MFP I've gained two pounds. The MFP says if I stay at my current rate I'll be at 155 in 5 weeks. That was weeks ago. I don't get it. I'd like to be down to 160. Anyone else feel like they're doing everything by the book only to find they're not seeing progress? I know it's a lifestyle so gotta keep it up right?

Replies

• jcdulos1
    Options
    Pretty much rely on MFP saved entries. The only time I may have to measure is when I snack on nuts and seeds. Don't drink soda. Well 1 soda on fridays at work. Other than that don't eat junk food or processed foods. With exercise burns I rely on my phone for now till I get a Fitbit.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    For example, if you log "1 cup of pasta" or "8oz of chicken" (or whatever,just making up examples), how are you measuring the amount of food you're eating?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    How are you measuring your intake? Food scale, measuring cups/spoons, eyeballing?
    Are you choosing accurate entries from the MFP database?
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
    How are you measuring your exercise burns?

This. Get a food scale and use it for solid and semi-solid food as often as possible - whole food, processed food, packaged food, scanned stuff etc. Check the database entries you are using - many are user entered and flat out wrong. Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    if you are not weighing your foods you have no idea how much you are actually eating.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Also, a lot of people over estimate their exercise calories, make sure you arnt doing that
  • rhoda1990
    rhoda1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »
    Also, a lot of people over estimate their exercise calories, make sure you arnt doing that

I'm sure that's the problem!
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Food scale is the best for me. I tried eyeballing (worked up to a point). I tried cups next (also worked up to a point),

The food scale is the best by far, if you still having problems after using a food scale and logging religiously. Then you need to drop calories a bit more and find what number works for you. Everyone's body is different.

Sometimes working your way up to maintenance for 2 weeks and then dropping the calories again works.
  • jcdulos1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Will check out the food scale.