Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New...and Stressed

Hello.

I'm 5'6 and 150 pounds and just joined the site. I've been reading some peoples posts about calorie intake and exercise. I'm on a low budget meal plan due to living on my own and having lots of expenses. I was just wondering if people could help me on where to start with keeping on a low budget. Right now I eat mostly carbs to be honest. I had no idea they were really as bad as people have said they are until I started reading peoples posts. I have started to excersize regularly. I just dont know where to start to loose weight? What can I do on a low budget. Fresh produce and veggies are quite expensive and I find that I do not eat them fast enough so they go bad.. so I just really need some help.

Thanks!

Replies

• SmileBee
    SmileBee Posts: 7
    I find the same as I live alone and find I have a lot of wastage if i buy lots of fresh fruit and veg. I buy the frozen steam fresh packs and tinned fruit in natural juice is also good.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Just try use other healthy food which are not that expensive like, peanuts, white eggs, cottage cheese, frozen vegetables are good too and something that is very important is the portion, never go over you recommended calories and lots of water. You can do it, because you are not alone :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stephd17
    stephd17 Posts: 2
    How am I supposed to know what my limit on calories is?
    There is this picture located at the top of my home screen:

1340 CALORIES REMAINING
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1340 0 - 0 0

does that mean i should be eating 1340 calories a day???

Thanks
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Yes that is what your calorie intake is for the day. Have fun......

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I suggest going to a local wholesale store like costco or bjs to get your fruits and veggies, But only if you feel that you can finish them. Another smart idea is to buy the frozen fruits and veggies too. They will keep for a long time and normally aren't too expensive. I hope this helps! Good luck!