What do you get before a workout

Options
2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Another vote for no food.... I usually train at night and try to make my previous meal at least 2-3 hours before. I eat dinner post training.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Coffee with heavy whipping cream and a Siggi's yogurt and maybe a boiled egg or 2. I get light headed if I don't eat.
  • 277Gina
    277Gina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Because I work out in the morning, I have a high protein breakfast 30 minutes to an hour before that. But it's a small portion. I found this protein and mixed nuts breakfast idea in an article on the Mava website and it works well.
  • ezekielsherrard205735
    ezekielsherrard205735 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat or drink anything pre-workout, but I make sure to include some carbs into my dinner to have some leftover glycogen that will fuel my workouts! But I've been looking into trying out some BCAAs because I know that a lot of people find them effective :)t626de2gd23.jpg
  • EricLFC1892
    EricLFC1892 Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Coffee and Beta Alanine. Plus BCAA's during my workout... DONE!!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I usually workout around 7pm (late dinner afterwards) and I eat a snack around 4:30-5pm when I get home from work. My usual snack is half of a wheat bagel thin with almond butter, or apple with peanut butter.
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal/egg breakfast at home then hit the gym
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Black coffee
  • Kay_180
    Kay_180 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A banana usually works fine for me. Also sometimes those little cans of rice pudding, they're a good size - but also I just love rice pudding so any excuse to eat them :)
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing, and when I'm doing it. First thing in the morning barre (on a weekend?): Nothing, unless my blood sugar is low and I need to stabilize it (I'm type 1 diabetic). Evening barre after work: A small protein-based snack if I'm really hungry, like a prosciutto/cheese roll with a cracker or two.

Running? Oh, nope nope nope. I've learned by bad experience that having anything in my system less than two hours before a run leads to misery out on the trail. I can handle Welch's fruit gummies if I'm hypoglycemic, or if I need to fuel mid-run, but that's the limit of what can go in my gut without it saying "Look, girl, you're crazy and I'm not doing this."