Should I be doing more?

Options
clarech
clarech Posts: 157 Member
I am a mum of three and since starting losing weight in February I have been eating healthier and keeping active but I don't really work out. I walk lots and jump rope sometimes but that's it really.

With 3 kids under 6 I am constantly running around after them but is it enough? I would love to start running but that's not going to happen as I always have at least one of them with me at all times.

What do you all think?

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You've lost nearly 50lbs so whatever you are already doing is obviously working. :glasses:
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yikes! hope u get some alone time soon. my mom did, she forced herself to take an hour or just half hour after dinner to work out, or walk, whatever. She just told us its her time, we eventually complied.... good luck!
    also, its good to teach the kids that mum needs her time out :-)
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    maybe a treadmill when the children take a nap. walking 4 mph for 30 mins will give you a good 200 calorie burn
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    technically, you don't need to exercise to lose weight. and you seem to be losing weight fine without it.

exercise is more important for overall health than anything. if you can incorporate exercise eventually into your lifestyle, it will be better for your health.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    technically, you don't need to exercise to lose weight. and you seem to be losing weight fine without it.

exercise is more important for overall health than anything. if you can incorporate exercise eventually into your lifestyle, it will be better for your health.

Agreed :)
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'd like to invite you all to join our TEAM August Challenge. Great daily exercise challenge, weekly eating challenges and team challenges. Lots of fun, support and motivation. Here is our forum post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all

Message me if you'd like to be on a team!