Healthy Packed Lunch (Easy Prep) Ideas?

Options
For the last 5 years, I have taken the following for lunch.
I like to pack my lunches about a week or 2 in advance. I also eat the same exact lunch everyday in order to eliminate decisions. (I'm boring, I know)

1 oz of Mozzarella Cheese
1 serving peanuts
1 serving carrots
1 banana
1 90 calorie granola bar (sugar-fest I know... but its like my dessert)

This totals around 500 calories... maybe less. I feel that it provides me enough protein to keep going as well. I am looking to switch it up a bit. What other items could I swap out?

Remember, easy prep is a must for me. In this lineup, the only thing I have to actually prep is carrots, cheese, and peanuts... I separate them in baggies for the week.

Help!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Swap the cheese for a dip
    Add hb eggs
    Yoghurt instead of banana
    Different vegies
  • danrhess
    danrhess Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like the dip idea. What kind do you recommend? What are hb eggs?
  • danrhess
    Options
    Nevermind... hard boiled. Got it!
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Swap peanuts for almonds or cashews!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    danrhess wrote: »
    I like the dip idea. What kind do you recommend? What are hb eggs?

I don't know where you are, but it would depend on what macros you were trying to achieve,if that was a consideration. I often go for a Chobani dip, lots of protein, quite low cal. Hummus is nice too.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My lunch, I prep if every Sunday for the week. Takes 15 minutes to prep
    1/2 cup of my own seed/nut mix
    1 sandwich bag of 50/50 baby carrots & sliced cucumbers
    2 HB eggs
    1-2 bananas
    1 apple
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to completely revamp your lunches. Just switch up the carrots for celery, peppers, cauliflower a couple of days. Add in some berries instead of the banana sometimes.
    HB egg
    String Cheese
    Veggies and Dip (I make a jalapeno dip I found on Pinterest)
    Mixed berries
    Cashews, almonds, pistachios, or roasted edamame
    Greek Yogurt (you can add in some granola too. Bear Naked makes a low sugar one that is delicious)
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I cook and cut up chicken into baggies (4-5 oz) and toss them in the freezer. Grab a baggie, Add a couple of servings of frozen vegetables, microwave for two minutes and you have a healthy frozen dinner. If you find the chicken a little dry, add some BBQ sauce before microwaving.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I make up a chopped salad mix for the week that has carrots, artichoke hearts (in water), Jicama (HEE-kah-ma), raw fennel, cooked king oyster mushrooms, Kalamata olives, and parsley. I add some apple cider vinegar to keep things from turning brown. (It works out to be about 145 calories). I also buy a package of cooked chicken or turkey divide it into 3 oz portions (97 calories). All of this goes on top of regular salad greens

1umk3k8hvim0.jpg
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    kms234 wrote: »
    I don't think you need to completely revamp your lunches. Just switch up the carrots for celery, peppers, cauliflower a couple of days. Add in some berries instead of the banana sometimes.
    HB egg
    String Cheese
    Veggies and Dip (I make a jalapeno dip I found on Pinterest)
    Mixed berries
    Cashews, almonds, pistachios, or roasted edamame
    Greek Yogurt (you can add in some granola too. Bear Naked makes a low sugar one that is delicious)

Jalapeno dip? Please tell me more! Love jalapeno things
  • danrhess
    Options
    Do you feel like cashews or almonds are that much better than peanuts? I have seen differing opinions on it.... calorie difference is negligible.