What is your favourite type of exercise in or out of the gym?

Options
JnineGains
JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
Could be a fave machine, fave sport, fave anything?

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Snowboarding and cycling winter through spring. Rockclimbing, surfing, and kayaking during the summer. Anything with free weights in the gym.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Running
  • ianholmes1966
    ianholmes1966 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Indoor rowing, prefer longer sessions - so far this year 3 marathons, 56 Half Marathons and over 2 million metres total!
  • JnineGains
    Options
    Wow 2 million meters!!! Amazing!!!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Lifting of any kind in the gym. Tennis outside the gym.
    I also like swimming but I can rarely get to a nice pool living in NYC and having an aversion to public pools. *shiver*
  • steveglloyd73
    steveglloyd73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cycling on the road but spinning in the gym, hammers the calories! Loving kettle bells and Les Mills Grit as well.
  • JnineGains
    Options
    I also like swimming but I can rarely get to a nice pool living in NYC and having an aversion to public pools. *shiver*

Atm Im to shy to go into lifting at the so Im trying to shed some weight doing cardio and hitting the machines, I only have 5lb dumbells at home...I think I will buy some more :)

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing and Elliptical... Stepping on the hot foot and doing the wild thing too but I'd never dare post those burnt calories! :#
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    JnineGains wrote: »

Atm Im to shy to go into lifting at the so Im trying to shed some weight doing cardio and hitting the machines, I only have 5lb dumbells at home...I think I will buy some more :)

Aww hopefully you will shed that shyness... Go in the weight area, be badass, own it and walk away like a boss.
    Having a plan in your head or on paper is always helpful too. I started with a program called StrongLifts 5×5. That helped crack my feeling lost and nervousness.
  • JnineGains
    Options
    JnineGains wrote: »

Aww hopefully you will shed that shyness... Go in the weight area, be badass, own it and walk away like a boss.
    Having a plan in your head or on paper is always helpful too. I started with a program called StrongLifts 5×5. That helped crack my feeling lost and nervousness.

I usually watch the people lifting to get the idea if the motions and diff types of lifts they do.... I will have to check it out on a less busy day or invite a friend with me who can teach me the ropes :)