Gained weight, feeling discouraged

Options
In the last 2 years I had went from 180 pounds to 135 lbs last summer. I'll be honest my weight loss wasn't entirely healthy and I ended up stuck in a binge and restriction cycle. I went to the doctor today and weighed in at 151 lbs and 5'5 and a half. I am bigger framed so I don't look that bad but I'm so discouraged that I gained 13 lbs (I used to stay around 138 lbs) I looked fine at that weight and I want to get back there but I haven't lost weight in over a year and when I did it was from a lot of restricting. I just feel really upset with myself, how do I approach this situation in a healthy way? I would like to be around 140 lbs but I don't know how to do it without really low calories and driving myself insane.

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don't "restrict" yourself by denying yourself all the foods you love. Just keep track of the calories you consume on MFP and you will see results. Quit beating yourself up. You're on the right path now.
  • pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me my diary is set to friends i am.also 5'5 we can help each other because I slip sometimes too but you just gotta start fresh the next day
  • EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and a half and 150lbs as well. Feel free to add me! Accurately logging your food and not aggressivelu eliminating the things you love will get you more sustainable, long-term results.
  • pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    EJBarner wrote: »
    I'm 5'5 and a half and 150lbs as well. Feel free to add me! Accurately logging your food and not aggressivelu eliminating the things you love will get you more sustainable, long-term results.

I disagree aslong as you are within your calories and macros you can eat what you want.. for example Friday I had fish and chips a whopping 1200 cal
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Keep track of your food, stay within calories, 1/2 lb loss week, get to the gym, get sleep..you're set.
  • exmalobono
    exmalobono Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It depends what u r restricting. I find if I eat steak I feel more satistfied and can stay in my daily 1200 calorie target. I agree with the previous comment. It's all about calories in and out. And 13 lbs will come off super easy. Just make sure u keep ur water up so u don't retain water.
  • exmalobono
    exmalobono Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Btw I'm 5 5 and when I was 150 lbs I looked great. Don't be so hard on yourself!
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Why do people always bring up a 1200 calorie target? I always think such low calorie goals are quite risky for people who had issues with bingeing in the past.
    OP, I'm 5'5 and went from 185 to 137, slowly over a year and a half. Never went as low as 1200, I started at about 1600 and continued slowly at about 1800 calories per day. I'm an active 42 year old - doing lots of walking, but little other exercise.
    So my one piece of advice would be to aim for a slow loss, and get very acquainted with eating at or close to your new maintenance level.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Summer is the worst for me with BBQ's, beer, vacation and kids wanting a trip for ice cream. I gained back 10 and felt pretty bad about myself because I had done so well. I hopped back on the wagon and slowly got back into it. I know how you feel and it sucks. But you caught it in time before you changed your habits back to being unhealthy. It's just a bump in the road. Good luck.
  • ezekielsherrard205735
    ezekielsherrard205735 Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I know that weight loss is a journey, that it’s hard, and that it takes time… :)t626te65y65y2gd23.jpg
  • emmieems
    emmieems Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    Why do people always bring up a 1200 calorie target? I always think such low calorie goals are quite risky for people who had issues with bingeing in the past.
    OP, I'm 5'5 and went from 185 to 137, slowly over a year and a half. Never went as low as 1200, I started at about 1600 and continued slowly at about 1800 calories per day. I'm an active 42 year old - doing lots of walking, but little other exercise.
    So my one piece of advice would be to aim for a slow loss, and get very acquainted with eating at or close to your new maintenance level.
    That's how I feel! I'm only 18 now and it's always been difficult to stick to something like 1200 calories, I used to do 1300 or under and had no energy, lost my period, etc. thanks for the help! I'll be sure to ease back into things