started my fitnesspal again

Options
pita3574
pita3574 Posts: 3 Member
Hello, my name is Mary and I have started this program again. The first time I did this program I lost 40 pounds and when I get really stressed out about life I eat. I get the mentality that food will make me feel better. It does at tat time but when I look at myself in the mirror I get so discussed with myself and it makes me go into a deeper depression. I'm tired of being heavy and I want to create a new me physically and spiritally. My husband supports me but it would be nice to have other friends. I need help. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• SeptemberRain81
    SeptemberRain81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. Starting MFP again and hoping I can achieve some results. I have a lot of weight to lose and no support at all. I battle major anxiety and depression.
  • eastouip
    eastouip Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too lost 40 pounds, but then left MFP during the winter months for some reason, when I'm at my weakest because of things like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Super Bowl, holiday parties, office cookies, etc. Plus it's cold outside and I become less active and more sedentary. It's so easy to say "I'm not going to log today because I ate way too much and don't want to remember it", which expands to "this week" and then "this month" and pretty soon you have forgotten all about MFP. Before I knew it I had gained 30 of those pounds back, so I rejoined this spring.

I'm doing better again, having lost 15 of those 30 so far. But this time I have learned to NOT leave MFP no matter how bad I am. Maybe it will remind me that hey, I ate those cookies yesterday, I better cool it today!

Good luck Mary, you can do it!
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just joined again after a pretty long hiatus since I wasn't staying motivated. I'm hoping to stick with it this time and make some lasting changes!
  • rachelsambrown8
    rachelsambrown8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been a size 6-8 my whole life, which I've had to work very hard for. Over the past year, I've spiraled upwards toward a size 12. Losing this weight is going to be incredibly challenging. We have similar goals :)
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can be accountable when I use MFP to track food and exercise. I am also a Fitbit wearer, but without tracking food, i think I can just eat anything if I hit my 10,000 steps. Wrong! So, I've been putting on weight instead of it coming off. Would love to have more MFP friends for support and accountability. Thanks.
  • saperilla
    saperilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just newly back to mfp after a long break. I've been more or less same weight for years now but starting to really feel the effects of carrying around about 56 lbs more than I should be. So am gonna give it a decent try this time. Add me if u like !
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    pita3574 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Mary and I have started this program again. The first time I did this program I lost 40 pounds and when I get really stressed out about life I eat. I get the mentality that food will make me feel better. It does at tat time but when I look at myself in the mirror I get so discussed with myself and it makes me go into a deeper depression. I'm tired of being heavy and I want to create a new me physically and spiritally. My husband supports me but it would be nice to have other friends. I need help. Thanks for listening.

I know the feeling. I sent you a friend request. I just re-started again on Monday. I keep falling off the wagon but this time I want to stick to it. I'm the only one who can do it and no one else can do it for me. I want to be healthy for my kids and be around a long time.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Same here, after hitting the gym religiously I stopped going for the past 2 yrs. Gained 30 lbs now trying to get back to where I was. Good luck and congrats to everyone getting back in here...