Looking for a likeminded community & new ideas

Options
dolcezza25
dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! I'm not new to calorie counting (see my story in my profile - I lost close to 40 lbs in 2012) but I am fairly new to MFP. I came here after caloriecount.about.com became defunct.

I'm really looking to befriend like-minded late 20-somethings to early 40-somethings who are already in great shape (or on their way there) who are interested in fitness. I've like everything from boxing, weights and TRX to ballet, yoga and hiking.

I live in the New York City area and would totally be down to make friends offline as well.

I can't fail to add that I want to surround myself with people who are passionate about cooking like me - but I haven't hosted a dinner party since the winter - and eating (mostly) whole foods, as it makes it easier to maintain a lifestyle - not a diet.

With that said, I'm a sucker for my mom's homemade pizza, my grandmother's delectable peach pie or the occasional NYC bagel and all the other cuisines this amazing city has to offer. Balance and being realistic above all!

At the age of 33 I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm really looking forward to getting to know people and being a part of this great community.

Thank you for having me,
Melissa

Replies

• dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there?
  • bmerrick87
    bmerrick87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa! I live in North Carolina and am also no stranger to counting calories... in college I was able to lose around 60 lbs, but since graduating 7 years ago have gained about 40 of it back and am looking for a friend to help keep me honest. I also love all kinds of fitness, but primarily do HIIT, running/walking, and weightlifting (free weights and machines).

I have previously been very into yoga but have fallen off the wagon. I turned 30 back in April and want to embrace my 30's to the fullest - including being in the best shape of my life (plus the added motivation of getting married next spring!).

What kind of motivational help are you looking for?? It would be helpful for me to know someone is watching what I upload food-wise to help keep me from cheating.

I'm glad you're here and am looking g forward to hearing back from you!

Brandi
  • wimdroid
    wimdroid Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome