Keto Pasta Is... Interesting. Help!

Options
evoke45
evoke45 Posts: 22 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the store bought Shirataki noodles aka Miracle noodles more tastey? The thing I had the most trouble with was the texture. Has anyone tried frying it or cooking it extra long? They kind of taste like eating strips of an undercooked potato. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate!

Replies

• stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I just saw a YouTube video about those! By "Keto Connect" She said she rinses them until the smell is gone or the gelatinous-ness of it is better...I cant remember. Then she said they were fine.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Try spaghetti squash, makes great noodles. Definitely dry fry the noodles to get out the excess water and firm them up.
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    evoke45 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the store bought Shirataki noodles aka Miracle noodles more tastey? The thing I had the most trouble with was the texture. Has anyone tried frying it or cooking it extra long? They kind of taste like eating strips of an undercooked potato. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate!

Hrm, not sure on the Shirataki.

But I do LOVE spaghetti squash. Texture is great and is good w/ chicken meatballs and avocado-based pesto :).
  • Emmygm
    Emmygm Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MMM Spaghetti Squash
  • evoke45
    evoke45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody :) I had some more tonight and they were much better. I rinsed them until there was next to no smell at all and pan fried them and they were pretty enjoyable! I'll have to get my hands on a spaghetti squash since I'm craving it now!

Anyone have experience making their own keto noodles? I've made pasta before but never in keto form.
  • mindolyna
    mindolyna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles are gross IMO. I tried zoodles, and they are pretty good!! I used zucchini and a veggie spiraler. Boiled the zucchini for 3 minutes and then do whatever you want with them. I made a keto Alfredo sauce. Garlic butter would be good too.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The dry fry is totally necessary to get the texture more like noodles.