Any smokers in here?

Options
JnineGains
JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
Hoping to quit after summer.... 1 thing at a time for now, focusing on being healthy and losing weight... ciggs are the worst and they gots ta go!!

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest quitting smoking first, losing weight 2nd.
  • JnineGains
    Options
    You got a ps4? Cod fan by chance? Lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest quitting smoking first, losing weight 2nd.

Agreed with this. And Xbox for life hehe
  • JnineGains
    Options
    Noooooooo LOL
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    It is alway easier to quit something later....you are stalling so get it in gear and quit now.
  • kegla72
    kegla72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I smoked for 18 years. Quit 6 years ago. I didn't have any withdrawl pangs bc of the method I used. It was like a miricle. I came across this book in Meijer one day a long long time ago and it changed my life. Now I tell anyone who will listen about the book. It's under 7 bucks on Amazon. I hope no matter what method you use you succeed :smile: https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501083806&sr=8-1&keywords=easy+way+to+quit+smoking+allen+carr
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I quit in 2009. I used Swedish snus until I got used to not smoking, then quit the snus. Quitting the nicotine was pretty easy once I quit the smoking habit.

I did have a doctor tell me that losing weight was more important than quitting smoking, but I wasn't doing either particularly well at the time. I finally decided to quit because I was working as a math tutor and had to get right up to people and got really self conscious about the smell.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did was quit for good in 2006. My advice...Just do it cold turkey. You will not regret it. You don't fully realize how awful smoking is for you until you haven't done it for some time. I would rather be 60 pounds overweight than be a smoker if I had to choose. But being a nonsmoker combined with being at a healthy weight is the best option.
  • townleyra
    townleyra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been a vaper for 18months and ciggys are starting to sneak back in! I don't know about you but I get a kick out of the first smoke after exercise and that would probably be one of the hardest *kitten* to quit if I where to pack in all together.
    I used to use the logic of 'if I can run a mile better then a non smoker then there is no reason to quit' ... addiction makes you rationalise the weirdest stuff! haha but 18months ago I wanted to be a healthy person, and smoking outside the gym as a loner is pretty embarrassing so I chose to vape in the car :s ... all I know is it has just been another way of extending the quit date. So relating to the 'quit after summer' statement, why do you want to pro-long it?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 2-3 PAD smoker...quit cigarettes in 2012. I still smoke a cigar on the patio most evenings.
  • JnineGains
    Options
    townleyra wrote: »
    I have been a vaper for 18months and ciggys are starting to sneak back in! I don't know about you but I get a kick out of the first smoke after exercise and that would probably be one of the hardest *kitten* to quit if I where to pack in all together.
    I used to use the logic of 'if I can run a mile better then a non smoker then there is no reason to quit' ... addiction makes you rationalise the weirdest stuff! haha but 18months ago I wanted to be a healthy person, and smoking outside the gym as a loner is pretty embarrassing so I chose to vape in the car :s ... all I know is it has just been another way of extending the quit date. So relating to the 'quit after summer' statement, why do you want to pro-long it?

I tend to drink more in summer too...Im trying to cut back drinking tho so I can focus on losing weight but when i do drink i "have" to smoke.... I need to invest in a vape! I font know if i trust them or not but I have tried them in the past
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I switched to vaping in 2013. I use a low nicotine formula.
  • wimdroid
    wimdroid Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same here, switched to vaping , need all the O2 you can get at exercise.
    I swear to never give up drinking beer or wine though o:)
  • subs2boom
    subs2boom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been vaping since 2012 and haven't touched a cig since then. I feel Soooo much better without tobacco.
  • nwagner15
    nwagner15 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've been trying to quit since May...not going very well. Been smoking for 16 years. I was given the book the easy way to quit smoking by Allen Carr, and I am still finding myself smoking. Its all in my head though, and its funny because I even realize that, yet still smoke occasionally! Pretty much only when drinking, on weekends. And the weekend drinking stalls the weight loss...it's a never ending cycle for me. :neutral:
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I smoked for nearly 10 years. eventually I got into vaping with a decent mod and quality e-juice. After a while I worked my nicotine levels down low. Then I got sick and quit my job soon after. Both of these removed any desire to vape and I quit that as well. Vaping is so much less addictive than cigarettes.

About a year after I quit smoking I began losing weight thanks to MFP and calorie counting. Two years later my SO and I are down 113 and 72 LBS with little to no added exercise.