working out & eating well still can't loose 5lbs- why?

Options
I recently lost 25 lbs and I have not done anything different and I gained back 5 lbs. I workout out 5x week eat well. Not sure why I cannot loose 5 lbs. Any help appreciated;-)

Replies

• beatrizmaggio
    beatrizmaggio Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Do you use a food scale for calorie counting accuracy? Do you log accurately every day? Do you cheat?

• beatrizmaggio
    Options
    jospen83 wrote: »
    Are you maintaining a caloric deficit? That's not synonymous with "eating well."

• beatrizmaggio
    Options
    Sometimes I am under the 1200 calories recommended by the app as far food intake goes
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for around 4.5 years...I can easily fluctuate 5 Lbs day to day.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    I use the app and log on daily. I really don't cheat at all. I was drinking diet coke zero - I know soda is a big no no. Maybe that would be a reason?

Diet soda is not a big no-no. It is not the reason. Logging accuracy is the most likely cause. You need more accuracy as you get closer to goal.

This.

Logging accuracy= logging absolutely everything you eat, cook with, season with and drink. It's also weighing all solids and semi solids (basically everything except beverages, stocks, clear soups/consumme). Log oils. Log bites and tastes (they all add up). Log fruits and vegetables (there is no such thing as negative or 0 calorie food). Don't estimate or use spoons/cups for anything other than liquid. Choose correct database entries.

Weigh prepackaged items. They're hardly the weight stated on the packaging.

Also, since you have so little to lose, have you selected to lose half a pound per week?
  • beatrizmaggio
    Options
    Great feed back- thanks so much
  • beatrizmaggio
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Also, a 5lb fluctuation is normal, especially for women who menstruate. How long have you had this 5 lb increase? Could it be related to TOM?

• beatrizmaggio
    Options
    Thanks for your input. It been about 1.5 since I gained the weight.
  • beatrizmaggio
    Options
    I spent nearly a year in that plateau-mode of working out regularly and considering carefully what I ate but not losing any further weight after a solid campaign. The key to breaking out of that for me - and quickly - was to eat more frequently. I now eat every 3 - 4 hours and that has been the #1 change that has let me go well past the barriers I had been running into previously. Also, it probably goes without saying but total weight is hard to read. Since you probably care a lot, its better to break it down by lean/fat/water so you can better understand how you're made. Maybe you've swapped some fat for muscle and so its not as simple as just saying there's 5 pounds to lose.

not going to be muscle eating less than 1200 calories a day.
    I spent nearly a year in that plateau-mode of working out regularly and considering carefully what I ate but not losing any further weight after a solid campaign. The key to breaking out of that for me - and quickly - was to eat more frequently. I now eat every 3 - 4 hours and that has been the #1 change that has let me go well past the barriers I had been running into previously. Also, it probably goes without saying but total weight is hard to read. Since you probably care a lot, its better to break it down by lean/fat/water so you can better understand how you're made. Maybe you've swapped some fat for muscle and so its not as simple as just saying there's 5 pounds to lose.

not going to be muscle eating less than 1200 calories a day.

• beatrizmaggio
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback. I have been skipping meals sometimes just lost my appetite. I think eating small amounts 3-4 is good idea.