BOOBS

Options
Okay so from going from 96.6 to 88.9 I have gone from a G (nearly a H) to a DD, I still have 25-30 kilos to lose. Do you think that I will lose a lot more in my boobs or is this it??

I have always had big boobs, they are really annoying. Half the reason I quit dancing in the first place :( And my back is always really sore even though my bras are supposedly really supportive.

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Boobs are basically just fat so the more weight you lose the more you lose from there. What is your goal weight? I can't imagine them being annoyingly big once you have lost the weight, but you won't lose them all either unless you go below a really low BF%.

As for bra support, I've heard a few people say that they wear two bras when doing exercise if they're big chested - I've never had that so can't speak from experience but I've heard it's a good solution :-)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't know - I think it depends on the person. I have been at lower weights and still am about the same size I am now (at a 50-60 lb heavier weight). I have a friend who loses 5 lbs and it seems like it is all from her boobs first!! My mom is very big chested and has lost 30-32 lbs and hasn't lost anything in her boobs. Sorry - not really an answer but just what I have noticed. Good Luck on your journey :)
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i have to wear a sports bra over my normal bra when exersising or its black eye time and sore boobs!

they are a pain!
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how much boobs would shrink with weight loss. Mine are a hefty weight, and I'd love to have smaller ones, where i wouldn't have to pay ridiculous prices for a bra. In terms of support though I have found that there are some really good sports bras and they have minimised movement (im a UK 30G). As I gained weight my bras started to be far too tight, so i am looking forward to at least having them fit, and then hopefully going down a size or two!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Back in the day when I was a size 8 I was still a D cup. :/

So everyone is just different, really?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Also, can not find any sport bras in canberra above a D size. Anyone have the solution for this?
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking online for a sports bra? The make that i use is called 'shock absorber', and I can vouch that they are great. Their site has a bounce-o-meter to show the change in movement due to wearing the sports bra... it is very amusing:
    http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    my cup size didnt change too much getting to goal healthy weight; now im getting to a lower percentage of body fat, I have dropped another cup but am still o.k as I have lovely upper body definition :-)

I definitely hold fat on my middle rather than lower body so think this is a factor too, I am wondering if for me getting low enough bf % for abs definition would mean they disappear?

I would imagine that you will continue to drop boob cups seeing as you have already dropped some, congratulations on such a super loss so far :-)
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Have you tried looking online for a sports bra? The make that i use is called 'shock absorber', and I can vouch that they are great. Their site has a bounce-o-meter to show the change in movement due to wearing the sports bra... it is very amusing:
    http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html

this is what i use too:smile:
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i think it depends on the person. my boobs were the first thing to go when i lost weight in the beginning. i started out 44DD and was down to 40B within the first 40lbs i lost. Now i am barely at a 36B, probably an A if I actually wore a 'real ' bra (i'm a tank top shelf bra kinda girl). there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the b00bage issue, i have a few friends that have lost tons of weight and their chest has not shrunk at all!
  • Ninnyninball
    Ninnyninball Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't think its boobs = Fat

I lost 20lb and my boob size didn't budge! I would love to go down a size or 2 myself - I defo recommend wearing a normal supportive bra under a good sports bra when working out - makes a world of difference!

I think working on the muscles around the boobs help with back ache as they are stronger for holding them up! Back, side and chest toning should help.
  • Shannonofski
    Options
    I hear ya, sista! I have the same issue - bouncing, ouchy, in-the-way boobs. I've gotten some incredible (some are somewhat spendy) bras online. But watch for sales and you can get a steal.

SPORTS BRAS:

http://www.titlenine.com/category/title+nine+bras/shop+bras+by+size.do?code=PMDT9&kwid=PMDT9

I've tried and loved the following (they have fun with their titles :)
    "The Frog Bra"
    "The Last Resort Bra"
    "The 2 in 1 Full Support Adjustable Sports Bra"

Also, have you heard of 'minimizers'? They are an awesome answer to the daily issue of How to get my boombooms in a shirt that's not 5 sizes too big for everything else on me. Minimizers basically redistribute things to give the illusion that they your chest is smaller, but they also are made of a little tighter material and have better support than the typical bra so you aren't saggin. Good minimizer brands that I've liked are Olga, Bali, and Lilyette - and all at affordable prices at Kohl's!! (That sounded like a commercial... but it's true :)

Good luck. I feel your pain, but there is hope! I'm praying you find the perfect fit!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It's always the first place I lose. My boobs are almost non0existant now. It's frustrating! But yes they should get smarller!
  • Givinya
    Givinya Posts: 9
    Options
    I love-love-love the term "boomboombs" and I'll be using it from now on. Cos mine sorta ARE.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    what is Kohl's?
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think mine have shrunk a little. When I was heavier I wore 30D's and 32C's...I was wearing one of my 32C's the other day and noticed a gap :embarassed: So I am back to 32B's, although the C's still fit, just not as tightly as I usually like...

Because of my band size, my cup size sounds big...but it's not...so I'm not sure how to say it, but your cup size might be larger than you think depending on your band ^.^ People in my family tend to have large chests and have gotten breast reduction surgery and loved it. Maybe if you lose all the weight and you still feel the strain is too much, you can opt for that option?

Good luck no matter what your decision!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    what is Kohl's?

It is a store. There is a similar store called Dillards which is having a sale right now (additional 40% off clearance prices):
    http://www.dillards.com/shop/Lingerie/_/N-z70e?splashlink=END_FPD_LingerieSale_NCH_063011

Where do you usually buy your bras from? ^.^
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Kohl's is a department store in the US

Mine went from 42DD to 36D. I know I lost volume, but my cup size only went down 1 cup size. Not as perky as before, but I have breastfed 2 babies which takes its toll on the ta-tas.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am going today to be measured for the first time since I started my weight loss journey. I started in a 38DD and very curious to see what I am now, as I know my bras DO NOT fit at all anymore. Probably something i should have done a while back but no time and money make it difficult!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Ohokay! Well I live in australia and we have neither of those stores here or at least anywhere near where I am! :/

I know what you are trying to say about the band size/cup size but when I went to my docs because of my back being strained she made me WEIGH my boobs (embarassing I know) and they weighed 10kg's each (this was back at my highest weight) which is way TOO much honestly :/:/