Help me count these calories, please!!

I've been ver carefully counting my calories. Tonight was my anniversary.

I ate about half of fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli, one bite of the roll with butter, 2 glasses of champagne (on the house, I don't know brand), 1 glass of Pinot gregio, and 3 cherries in syrup from cherries jubilee.

I didn't have any breakfast or lunch. Not sure how much this comes to, can you help?

7kyn07vs60za.jpg
fz30l5b5qs19.jpg
6yybpqz3ctiu.jpg

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited July 2017
    Did you try logging those things into the database? You could always use a chain restaurant for the fettuccine. Add the broccoli separate of you can't find one with broccoli. Wine isn't going to vary much in calories by brand do just pick one. It'll be a guess but you'll get close enough and by doing the work yourself it will be very educational. You need to learn how to log - you can always come back with your numbers and have us check them :) Looks yummy. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the celebration and don't fret the calories so much - I assume you don't eat like this every night so just do your best logging and it will be okay.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Great job at enjoying your anniversary without a calorie blowout! I agree with the advice above^^
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    in situations like this I tend to use the "quick add" feature. For myself I usually put in 2000 calories.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Thank you all so much. I took this screenshot. What it doesn't show is the coffee with cream for breakfast and the pino added as a snack.

Thank you all so much for the support this is the first time in over 20 years that I have not binged at a restaurant. psyu1sm942gp.png
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Congrats on your anniversary. I'm going to guess that the things you described total to right about 1100 calories. If you can get 29 other wild guesses and average them all together you are likely to be exactly on with the average of the 30.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    For things like this it's great that you're using self control but it's a once a year event! It's okay to enjoy yourself and not think about calories. I find that events like that are less enjoyable if you feel like you're weighed down with restrictions and anxiety about numbers. All that said, great job keeping it under control and happy anniversary!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Nice! Your logging for your meal looks good. You're doing great.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    This is basically how I log totally unknown restaurant meals as well. It's probably fairly close and since it's a rare thing it's not biggie even if you're off a bit. Congratulations!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Thank you everyone. You all are amazing.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Congrats on the anniversary! I'd totally agree with what you put. Always better to overestimate than underestimate. Enjoy your anniversary and don't stress about one day (especially such a special one!) too much. :)