Breastfeeding mama's

Options
Hey all!
Getting back at it over here and wondering if any fellow breastfeeding mama's want to support each other. Had my 3rd baby 9 months ago and have tried weight watchers without success now am back to where I originally started right here at MFP!! Ready to lose the baby weight!!!!

Replies

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Wishing you the greatest of success.
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm on this journey.
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a breastfeeding mama with a 15 month old! Feel free to add me. :) Losing weight while BF is a slippery slippery slope. I feel your pain!
  • Mika1221
    Mika1221 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me! I can never find the perfect balance between calories, breastfeeding, and weight loss.
  • llopez13
    llopez13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me!! I am EBF my 6 month old baby girl and can not lose my last 25 lbs. I really could use some motivation and support since I'm becoming discouraged.
  • rosemiranda003
    rosemiranda003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. I breastfeed also
  • alikat231
    alikat231 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! Breastfeeding my 11 month old and trying to find balance for losing this extra baby weight without hurting my supply too much. He's starting to become more interested in table food so that helps but he does nurse about 5-6 times a day still. Good luck to y'all!
  • rauriebirch
    rauriebirch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm breastfeeding my two year old and my two month old. I have 40 pounds to lose, which feels like A LOT, but I'm very optimistic and dedicated. I wish you all the best!
  • littlewingbs348
    littlewingbs348 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding also! A little confusing about the do's and don'ts of weight loss while breastfeeding. Feel free to add me!
  • Hipp706
    Hipp706 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just gave birth to baby number 5 eight weeks ago and breastfeeding this baby too
  • stellaburch
    stellaburch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! My second baby is 15 months old and still breastfeeding. With both my kids, I gained the bare minimum during pregnancy, basically lost it all when I delivered, and then steadily gained 30 pounds during the first year of breastfeeding. (I know it's supposed to work the other way, but that just isn't what my body does!) So now I have 30 pounds to lose. I only lost the BFing weight with my oldest when he weaned at 2 years old, and I would really like to lose weight without having to cut the baby off, as we are both still enjoying the BFing relationship. Really good luck and feel free to add me.
  • Tim_Redfearn
    Tim_Redfearn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I cant friggen produce any milk
  • Chelly0126
    Chelly0126 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Breastfeeding my 7 week old!
    I love the support!
  • welshgirlintaipei
    welshgirlintaipei Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone! Great thread! I'm new to MFP, a soon-to-be first time mama, and plan on breast feeding. Feel free to add me :)
  • backbendy223
    backbendy223 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm breastfeeding my 3rd baby. He's 8 weeks old now. I've lost 30 pounds but I have 21 pounds to go to be at my pre pregnancy weight but 36 pounds to go to be at my goal. Anyone can add me- it's good to support one another. Especially since losing weight while breastfeeding is tricky. Good luck!
  • SydneyG03
    SydneyG03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm looking for some friends to help motivate me. I'm breastfeeding my 3.5 month and I also have a 5 year old and 9 year old. Im looking to get healthy and lose a bit of weight. I'm about 5 lbs up from my start weight before this pregnancy. Although I was 20lbs heavier than I was when I had my first baby. I'm afraid to lose my supply but I need to get eating better. I currently eat like my kids want too. Starting with adding salads and vegetables to my meals and moving to healthier food.
  • Tamsyn03
    Tamsyn03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! Our three kids are similar age! I have a 10yo, 6yo & 4.5month old :-)
    My first goal is to lose 10kg (22ish pounds).
    Do you have any idea how to add the extra calories on required when breastfeeding? To MFP diary I mean :) Goodluck with your journey!
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tamsyn03 wrote: »
    Hey there!! Our three kids are similar age! I have a 10yo, 6yo & 4.5month old :-)
    My first goal is to lose 10kg (22ish pounds).
    Do you have any idea how to add the extra calories on required when breastfeeding? To MFP diary I mean :) Goodluck with your journey!
    Since I'm not exclusively nursing I try to eat around 1600-1800 per day. When I was exclusive definitely 2000. I think 1200 is insane regardless of nursing or not!!! You can add "exclusively breastfeeding" in your food log, just like you would if you add a banana. Good luck to you too